Akai MPK49

• 2 weeks later...

"has mpc swing timing built into the unit"

Eh?

Is it me or does it sound like Akai are speaking shit again. Anybody have any idea how this shit's supposed to work? Surely the controller can only control the swing/quantize settings of the sequencer it's controlling, YA GET ME BLAD?

from what i can tell, it has a timing clock (or something, i dunno) built in, to make it send the note repeats with swing and arpegiate etc before it gets to the sequencer... i dunno though.

• 3 weeks later...
Cor there are about a million 49-key controllers around at the moment. I still fancy one as well.

will it be getting a review on skratchworx?

Anyone know of a sequencer close to that on the MPC? I want to work on the computer, but the MPC's sequencer is the only one I can use thus far.

Cor there are about a million 49-key controllers around at the moment. I still fancy one as well.

will it be getting a review on skratchworx?

I guess we could get one from Akai to look at, but honestly I'm a little bit hesitant about doing loads of production equipment reviews because frankly I don't know loads about any of the kit and I can't play a keyboard for shit.

I haven't got a good base of knowledge to compare against so it will end up reading like a shitty dj mag review where the reviewers haven't got a clue what they are talking about (a bit like my MPC-500 review innit!).

I do want to buy a 49-key MIDI keyboard though so maybe I could steal one from AKAI!