So I'm ordering a Scratchbox

Bubba

After the endless search for the "ultimate" scratch-studio mixer, I've now ordered a Rodec Scratchbox (transaction to be performed today).

Astonishingly enough, I am paying a total of 830€ meaning that the "hefty pricetag" ain't that hefty anymore. It's actually only say 80€ more expensive than a TTM-56 from my local dealer. Good work Rodec and Phase-Acoustics Germany.

A users-review will come in a couple of weeks when

a) my exams have passed

b) I have added an external EFX module

c) we're done building the studio

God am I looking forward to this sexy piece of equipment! Most likely with a backpack too!

Thx at this stage to Deft, 2tall and Lamont for all of their help with my endless queries.

With my review I'll also post up some of lamont's thoughts on how the mixer compares with the Rane TTM-56 and the Vestax 08-Pro.

Now I guess I need to start concentrating on my studying...but the only thing I can do is sit around and look at www.scratchbox.eu all the time and imagine how much fun I'm going to be having with this machine.

pee.z

Oliver

Yeah I know, cuz I've got like all of these dreams that I'm gonna cut better with it...where I am perfectly aware of the fact, that I'm just gonna have to practice as much, when I have the new equipment.

Well I'm looking forward ot the EFX aswell...

pee.z

lucky you

I am 100% serato and I'd still take one of these over a 57

Word I got serrato aswell...but I just don't really see a point in getting a 57. If you're gonna be playing out, there is no way in hell that I'm gonna be taking my own mixer to the club. That's where serratos "break-out-box" the way I call it, is so much more practical, just unplug the phonos and reconnect the lines and everythings roling...and with a 57 you'd have to recable all of the shit in a club..and I did that once and bwoy did I not make too many friends...the club owner wanted to through me out afterwards, cuz one of the speakers wasn't connected anymore...Plus over here most club-mixers are usually some form of pioneer, so it's easy to use and it ain't like if I'm playing a club set, I wanna scratch all the time...people usually don't like dancing to that shit.

pee.z

• 1 month later...

whoah have fun

if I would have the money I would buy one too cause my 07 is falling apart slowly and the scratchbox seems like a very very good built mixer that will last a looong time...

(actually I think I would invest the money in drugs and another trip to london :(( :@ :rolleyes: )