Spyware Removal Question

DJDelay

I've got Adaware and CrapCleaner installed and my PC seems to be running fine

I ran CC and it removed the usual internet explorer history, cookies etc...Then i did a scan on "Issues" after about 30secs it came up with a MASSIVE list. I'm not worried about it but was wondering should i look through each individual entry and decide on whether to fix it or should i just tick them all and let CC fix them? :50_50:

Cheers

pz

Edited by DJDelay

When it checks for issues, it's looking in the registry for redundant entries. If you've never cleaned your registry before then chances are there will be hundreds of redundant/broken entries. Cleaning the registry is always a bit of a risk, so it's best to make a backup first, especially if you don't do it regularly. Before Crap Cleaner fixes the problems it will ask you if you want to make a backup - just say yes then go ahead and fix everything.

Guest Deeswift
I've got Adaware and CrapCleaner installed and my PC seems to be running fine

I ran CC and it removed the usual internet explorer history, cookies etc...Then i did a scan on "Issues" after about 30secs it came up with a MASSIVE list. I'm not worried about it but was wondering should i look through each individual entry and decide on whether to fix it or should i just tick them all and let CC fix them? :50_50:

Cheers

pz

I delete everything that comes up. As Sig said, you can back anything up that CC deletes, so take that route if you're bothered. I think you'll find you can safely delete anything it finds. You should get a proper registry cleaner though, because CC isn't really a registry cleaner. Regseeker is a good one. It's free, never given me any shit in 2 years and it's fast. If you think CC finds a lot of stuff, try cleaning out the registry with a dedicated cleaner, and see how many things it finds! My mate just run RegSeeker on his machine, and over a thousand useless entries came up.

Again, I delete everything that RegSeeker finds. There's the option to back everything up though, but I find that I'll keep the backups for a week, notice that everything is running good and then delete the old backups.

RegSeeker is here if you wanna give it a test drive. No installation needed, just download, extract contents of zip and place the program wherever you want (Program Files is the obvious one). Click "Clean The registry" and once it's done, click "Select All" and press Delete on your keyboard.