Flight case for a ttm-56?

Cable

Hello all,

I'm looking to get hold of a flight case for a TTM-56. I've check out the Road Ready 10" Flight case online, which I've been told by my local store will fit the Rane, however, after chatting to Westend DJ, it's best to go and get a custom one knocked up, the main reason being that the Rane is only 9" wide, and would move about....I would get the official rane flightcase, but the only places I can find that stock it in the UK seem to want to charge £139+ for it

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello all,

I'm looking to get hold of a flight case for a TTM-56. I've check out the Road Ready 10" Flight case online, which I've been told by my local store will fit the Rane, however, after chatting to Westend DJ, it's best to go and get a custom one knocked up, the main reason being that the Rane is only 9" wide, and would move about....I would get the official rane flightcase, but the only places I can find that stock it in the UK seem to want to charge £139+ for it

Any help would be appreciated!

Would it be more cost effective for you to order from the U.S.?

I paid around $130 USD for mine from Northern Sound & Light - the cases aren't made until you order, so it takes a while. About three to four weeks altogether.

i bought a flightcase style tool case in Maplin, took out the innards and bought foam in a fabric shop and cut it to measure the inside..even got to pick the firmness of the foam...

i put upside down stickers on the extremities of fader and knob areas, closed it and opened it to know where to cut...

all together it cost 40 euro..

some of my mates have made em too...

its a good cheap way if your arsed..

Cheers for the raplies - thinking of now just getting oone of those Magma Battle Bags - does anyone know if it's good enough to carry a Macbook, mixer and serato unit together? In other words, Will there be anough padding to ensure nothing happens?

Have seen a review on skratchworx, but I'm not too sure if a) there's enough padding at the back, and b) if the separate padded bag for the mixer will fit in the front section of the actual bag....

I use the magma battlebag with my 56 and it's been perfect. You wont fit fuckall else in the main compartment though. I know your meant to be able to fit a few records in with a mixer, but I wouldnt. No chance fitting a laptop in with a 56 too.

I thought you can fit the mixer in one of the two sections, then put 20 records etc in the other? I don't want to put both items in the same section/padded bag....

Basically - can i fit the padded mixer bag (containing the 56) in the front of the two sections, then put the laptop plus control records and slipmats in the rear section? If so, is there enough padding in the rear section to ensure that the laptop doesn't get knocked around?

They might tell you that you can put 20 odd records in the back compartment, but its a squeeze and I dont like to fuck up the corners of my record sleeves. For carrying a mixer and leads, pedals etc its fine. The seperate bag for your mixer is a good idea, I carry my mixer about twice a week and its been pretty safe so far. You might fit a small laptop in the back compartment. Padding wise, it might be ok, if your just carrying your stuff to and from gigs etc, you shouldnt have any problems. If your travelling about on public transport etc, I dunno man, I wouldnt want to risk it. If that is the case, go for something with a hard shell (flight case etc)