Access Virus KC

Alan

The C (see above) was replaced by the TI (see below) line last year.

I want one, and was told that I could find one in good condition for $1100. But the person offering this proposition to me stated - "I have not seen this before." :s

The average age of the C line is maybe four or five years old - are the C's still considered a 'good purchase'; are there any other keyboards I should look into? :)

Thanks.

depends what kind of thing you wanna make? how familiar are you with synthesis? are you just going to be mining the presets or are you going to program your own sounds? basslines, leads, pads?

I take it you're making basslines since you're interested in the virus. old school novation Bassstation(don't be put off by size) and Supernova's are good pieces of kit. old school and analogue radness.

Nord leads do damage.

My Novation KS5's presets suck balls, but if you can manage to learn synthesis there's shitloads you can do with it.

More info needed though, what do you want it for?

depends what kind of thing you wanna make? how familiar are you with synthesis? are you just going to be mining the presets or are you going to program your own sounds? basslines, leads, pads?

I take it you're making basslines since you're interested in the virus. old school novation Bassstation(don't be put off by size) and Supernova's are good pieces of kit. old school and analogue radness.

Nord leads do damage.

My Novation KS5's presets suck balls, but if you can manage to learn synthesis there's shitloads you can do with it.

More info needed though, what do you want it for?

The Virus C was something I stumbled upon while I was on Access. I was actually just marveling at the TI - the sounds it produces are punchy - it sounded really good at GC. :)

All I want is to replace my current keyboard (it's a piece of...). This will be my first synth, and as far as presets go, I certainly wouldn't mind using them - but I'm sure there are patches available.

The main use of a synth for me would be in creating EDM - Electro-House type music. I've always enjoyed playing jingles on my keyboard - a synth would be good for experimentation. :d

Is there anything else you'd suggest for a first-timer? :o

My bro's got the Indigo Redback. Fucking mental synth man. I think the KC is pretty much the C with some shit that lets you control paramaters with your computer. Quite why anybody would want to do that is beyond me.

I recommend you get either a Virus C or a Lead 3. Novation Bass stations/Novas/Supernovaz really aren't in the same league to be honest.

pz