GTA: San Andreas

Chee

Anyone else playing / played this game?

Been playing it for the past few days now, on and off. Pretty good time-waster, there's lots to suck you in. I never got into the other two GTA's on the PS2. I played both III and Vice City for a few hours, got bored and then gave up, but for some reason GTA: SA has managed to hold my attention.

I'm slowly making progress in this game. I'm now on to the last mission in the first city. I'm undecided if I should go on this mission, or if I should mess about in the first city a bit more, as I've read that you can't go back to this first part once you finish the last mission here.

ive been doin missions all the over the shop!

thing is u can swim to the next cities

but u get 4 stars on - u as its like crossing the border

then however far u get to on that city its unlocked on the map

Edited by Dj Phology

Yeah, I tried swimming to another city, got 4 stars. They sent the coast guard and helicopters after me, I ran out of breath trying to swim away, and got wasted.

At the moment I'm just trying to get progress with the first girlfriend you get, and taking over as many territories as posible. I need to start buying some property too. Might give it another few good hours tonight.

Know any good cheats?

This game is nice enough, but the concept is a bit played out. I'd much prefer to see a prohibition-era GTA or something similar.

Also, some of the textures in the game are fucking horrible and have nasty outlines, like a lot of the fences and shit. It's a small point, but once you notice them it'll piss you off for the full duration of the game.

only on the ps2??? damn!!!!

i was thinkin about getting a ps2...i used to own one but i sold it cuz i stopped playing it. i own an xbox now but xbox just doesnt push games like the others. now they got the new handhelds coming out, but right now im debating b/w a gamecube or a ps2...

isnt ps3 comin out in like 2 years?

• 5 weeks later...

i played this at xmas at a family get together (gf's cousin brought along his new playstation)

its a really fun game. and you can swim when you (inevatably) drive into the water.

my gf's granddad was shocked when i kicked a policeman to death. he said "you can stop stamping on him. i think he is dead now."

i am sure there is a baffling ordeal of challenges to complete in the game, but i just like crusing around and murdering

yea this game is insanely large. Just this winter break ive been playing this at my boys place and damn i honestly played like a good 10 hours already and barely got anything done. I was trying to get all the territories and all the little missions. Its pretty crazy how large these maps are getting and there are endless amount of things to do in this game.. I think if it comes out on pc ill buy it. and iExist i say if your debating between the gamecube and ps2 i say get the ps2 eventhough i use to love nintendo they are just fucking up, it all started with the n64 its been downhill from there, the only reason i bought the n64 was for mario and the Zelda series :geek:

• 5 months later...

man i spent HOURS i mean days trying to get all the fucken territory and I didnt even get to finish getting all the territory. I love this game.

looks dope

its a fun game on the ps2, no mistake.

an oddity is that the bmx has the front brake on the right hand. not normal for americans!!!

(or me for that matter, always run the rear on right - strongest hand)