Can someone help me program some drums? URGENT

Jon

Hey guys. i'm making a cover of portishead's wandering star for a concert and am making all the backing music. I've got the bass loop sorted and have the scratch samples ready, but am having real trouble getting the right drum sound. I can drum the rythm as it is on the record but i can;t make it sound right, i've tried sampling the record itself but the drums still don't sound like the ones on the track (they're very choppy and the snare always has a cymbal on it ).

Is there anyone hear who can help me? programming it would take less than 5 mins its just making it sound right and i don't have enough production experience.

please reply here if you can help

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f4dsbk

^ theres the track

i need the kick snare and cymbal ( i think ?) parts recorded for the duration of the song.

you can probably tell but it goes

kick=1

snare=2

2, 1 1 1 2, 1 1 1 2, 1 1 1 2, 1 1 1 2

try sampling the drums from the original if not can you try and make an alternative?

thanks so much man, i really appriciate it

i basically want to recreate an instumental of the orginal. is it possible you could arrange those kick snare and hit hats into the beat of the track? (just drums, no bass line)

btw thats damn funky! what program are you using?

actually just lined it up with the original and its a little faster so it goes off beat, i think the gap between the kicks and the snares is too small, it needs to be a tiny bit longer. try putting your beat against the orginal and it slowly goes off beat, its a little quicker than the original.

does that make sense?

can you make the gap between the kicks and snares a little bigger please?

didn't see that post^^ mate that's exactly on point thank you very very much! (you can tell its correct cos you get that satisfying flange effect hehe) if u want any mixtapes etc feel free to ask and ill see if i can sort you a couple :)