Reclaim bank charges in the UK

Steve

• 1 month later...
Geddiin...... Now I got charged 30 quid by Natwest when I was assured over the telephone that I wouldn't be.. I was so furious I refused to do anything about it. That 30 overdrawn soon turned into 340 quid. They've started getting nasty with me, texting me and shit. So I'll be your guineapig here Steve cos I'm gonna see this shit right through.

It's absolute theft.. And I'll be fucked If I'm gonna pay for their ad campaigns.

this is totally legit. I urge everyone to do this...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/saving-and-ba...mp;in_page_id=7

Guest loop skywalker

beware....if you are quite well overdrawn the banks you reclaim from can close your account thus you will have to pay off your overdraft....i have heared this on the radio so they still have some of us by the balls.

ive been reading into this recently and basically heres the short of it:

the charge that banks incurr for going overdrawn/direct debit payment etc is for "admin services" they are entitled to charge you for this but only for the ost of the actual admin service.

after a bit of digging around, it was found that the admin cost was about 4quid. so any charge over that is actually ILLEGAL! if you were to go into your bank and ask to be refunded the ammount (say 30 for every 35 you were charged) they will either say 1.) "sure, here is your money" or 2.) "fuck off".

if they tell you that you cant have it, thats when you threated to take them to court. upon hearing this they will crumble and give you all the money back. heres why...

1.) if they go to court they will have to disclose the actual ammount of money it costs to process each charge (many believe its even less than 4quid)

2.) the case will go public alerting everyone to the overcharges and even more people will need compensating.

3.) if it does end in court, they will more than likely lose, considering they are performing an illegal act.

4.) the court will remind everyone that the maximum ammount of time for claiming back the charges is 6 years. immagine how much money it would cost them if every accountholder who has been overcharged in the last 6 years came forward for compensation?!

• 4 weeks later...

hmm, shame, I've just had a glance through the statements I got and to be honest I'm dissappointed I was expecting £500+ maybe even a grand but it seems they sum up to £252 :( If they just pay up it'd be cool but going though all the fucking court bollocks might be more hassle that it's worth. However a few of the charges from a few years back though the bastards charged me £40 a couple of times for going over my overdraft, fuckers, it's worth suing them just for being cunts.