New noise cancelling Sony Walkman

Steve

sony.jpg

Sony has launched a new series of their Walkman players, the NW-S700, the first portable music players from Sony to feature noise-cancelling technology that the company claims cuts down ambient sound by 75%.

The tiny players feature a colour display large enough to display 3-line album art. They come with 13.5 EX headphones that feature built-in microphones designed to neutralise ambient noise.

The battery promises a full 50 hours of playback time, with a 3 minute charge, 3 hours of playback quick charge function, so you should never run out of juice.

Advanced features include the ability to record analogue audio from an audio player without the use of PC, as well as a 5-band equiliser system, and acoustic playback technology.

Accessories for the player, which comes in violet, black, and pink, are be rolled out, and include leather cases, a recording cable and cradle, and a Bluetooth Audio Transmitter.

I bet advanced features will include some shit software as well.

Sony could be the next big thing after Apple if only they'd just use drag/drop file transfer or even playsforsure.

Errrr.... what, like Apple themselves do? Apple's file system is the worst of the bunch IMO.

My flatmates Sony playe works fine with WMP. As does pretty much every player I've encountered yet.

does anyone else feel the need to cut out ambient noise that badly..ive never had a big issue on it and when jogging/cycling etc i do want to hear what happening outside as well for my safety