STONES THROW 10TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR

Wax On

DRUM MAJOR PRESENTS: DOORS 9PM £13.50 ADV STONES THROW 10TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR feat… MADLIB / PEANUT BUTTER WOLF / J-ROCC / PERCEE - P Ten years on and Stones Throw still hasn’t put a foot wrong, steadily releasing a stream of classic hip-hop, funk and soul music from an impressive roster of artistes: Infact, if you like beats and breaks, Stones Throw is a one-stop shop. Tonight’s celebrations include a live PA from Percee-P as well red hot DJ sets from Madlib, Peanutt Butter Wolf and the incredible J-Rocc.

Anyone else going?

Checking that out on this side of the world on OCT 30th. I'm really looking forward to hearing Percee P live. His tracks with Edan are insane! I hope he lives up to my preconceived hype. But I'm starting to doubt it a little. I heard on of his tracks on the stones throw sampler CD and it was nothing like his rhyme style he was ripping on Edan's albums.

yea i saw the jaylib tour at cargo a few years back and madlib wasn't too great on the mic. i do like him as an mc but he didn't really cut it live. be much better if he was doing the sound directions stuff on the drums with a bunch of other musicians.

j-rocc was absolutely wicked though. if you haven't seen him defo go check.

Saw the tour in Ghent (Belgium), and it was amazing.

Rasco (as half of Cali Agents) didn't impress too much, J-Rocc and PB Wolf were sick, Percee P killed, and Madlib was sorta strange but still cool.

Overall message: if you're going, go for Percee or you may be a little dissapointed in Madlib (i wasn't but clearly some people hated it).

Leeds was ok....Sunday night and the warm up dj was playin smoking beats till about 11. J Rocc came on and once he got in to the swing of things he killed it. Percee P was tight, good liveley show. PBW was a bit mellow after though, and then madlib was dull and his mixing was poor, what was a dancefloor thru J Rocc and parcee P became a group of people standing still just trying to work out what planet Madlib's on. IMO, the Madlib just wasn't worth seeing, and PBW wasn't exactly great...