PS3 launch delayed until March 2007

Steve

That's fine--as long as it works.. <koff, koff, unlike360> I know peeps that have already burned out 2 360s--what pieces of junk. and other people who work for video game stores that are, in their own words, "afraid to play it too much cause it might break". All I have to say is possibly 2 good games, no true free online play, not truely backwards compatible (best way to break yours from what I hear is to play halo online with it), doesn't come with the HD on all models, and has glitches. Fuck em. Microsoft are a bunch of fucking idiots.

I bet nintendo is happy--but they arn't really in the same kind of competition.... Nintendo has so many great exclusive titles and the nintendo technology is far behind the sony/microsoft arms race... the nintendo revolution (or whatever it's gonna be called) is more like an xbox as far as grafx go. gonna be cheap, sweet ability to download all the old games, etc.

didn't the same thing happen with the ps2s? sony aren't stupid, they're just arrogant- and not without cause to be honest, thngs will go exactly the same as they did last time in my opinion- sony streets and yards ahead for being the 'cool' console with the best games, xbox the second choice, and nintendo falling by the wayside for failing to market the console at all, and when they do in completely the wrong direction.

I think if Nintendo is good it will nudge out the 360 once all three systems are out. The only thing 360 has is heavy marketing and that it's the current newest... once it's not new anymore it's gonna be lame. And if they backed the wrong DVD format then they are fucked... guess that's the wild card for sony or microsoft. Nintendo was prob smart to stay away from the integrated DVD player all together.

They must be popping open the bubbly over at Nintendo

bet they are at microsoft too

That's fine--as long as it works.. <koff, koff, unlike360> I know peeps that have already burned out 2 360s--what pieces of junk. and other people who work for video game stores that are, in their own words, "afraid to play it too much cause it might break". All I have to say is possibly 2 good games, no true free online play, not truely backwards compatible (best way to break yours from what I hear is to play halo online with it), doesn't come with the HD on all models, and has glitches. Fuck em. Microsoft are a bunch of fucking idiots.

don't agree with that mate, my 360 is fine and so is everyone i know who has one, also it does both come with HD unlike the cheaper ps3

didn't the same thing happen with the ps2s? sony aren't stupid, they're just arrogant- and not without cause to be honest, thngs will go exactly the same as they did last time in my opinion- sony streets and yards ahead for being the 'cool' console with the best games, xbox the second choice, and nintendo falling by the wayside for failing to market the console at all, and when they do in completely the wrong direction.

dunno mate, the wii is looking good and theres alot of interest in it, don't forget nintendo have said they don't want to be classed the same as 360/PS3 they are doing thier own thing

That's great that yours hasn't crapped out, but doesn't mean it woln't--probably as soon as the warranty runs out.

And i don't know where ur getting your info, but the PS3 WILL have a 60 GB HD....

the 360 only has a 64 meg mem card from my understanding unless you buy the large HD or a package--which means it limits what the game programmers can do to a degree since they can't guarentee everyone will have the expanded HD.

nintendo have said they don't want to be classed the same as 360/PS3 they are doing thier own thing

They def are doing their own thing--and I think making the better product of the three.

dunno mate, the wii is looking good and theres alot of interest in it, don't forget nintendo have said they don't want to be classed the same as 360/PS3 they are doing thier own thing

i know what you mean bro, although the thing is, what exactly *is* the demographic for the wii? it sounds cool in theory and everything, and more people i have spoken to about it say 'oh that sounds cool' than 'that sounds shit'... but if they're not actually going for the 18-35 likes to play sports and violent titles for a couple hours a week with a dvd player integrated market, then who are they going for? i see these statements saying 'we want to turn computer games back into a family activity'... is where i grew up the only place in the world where everyones' mam n dad and grandma and grandad hated the sight of the bloody things because it took the tv up, made stupid noises and even if they weren't watching the tv and you had the sound off they had better things to do anyway? add to that the 'gay factor' of sitting round playing fishing games with the wii controllers when you could be playing pro evo, tekken or a racing game instead, not forgetting the tirade of unsucessfully calibrating the bastard things time and time again, and i'm not sure who they're going for to be honest.

I do hope they do well though, i applaud their approach because it seems more noble than just profiteering...

i just think the ps3 will piss on the competition again, and if the whole 'new way to play' wii concept takes off, i'd expect a sony peripheral to emerge anyway...

understandable... I almost bought a 360 BTW, I'm not just hatin'... I was in the store buying it and the guy goes "um... well, my boss said we're not holding these anymore for people that pre-paid.. but this is the last HD bundled one, so let me call him". I was like "why the fuck u gonna call... I got cash, lets go!"

so the fucker calls and is like "my boss said I can sell this one, but I can sell you a regular one and you can buy all the add-ons.. it'll cost more"

I was like WTF!? I HAVE CASH. HERE. NOW. I kinda freaked out a little and smashed his dumb display, but he's lucky I left after that cause I was about to show him what "workplace violence" is.

Its a weird situation. At first Sony developed a CD based console to be used as an attachment for a new Nintendo machine (predating the n64). Nintendo ended up scraping Sony's prototype, and deciding to just keep to carts, in an ironic twist of fate Sony went on to develop it themselves and the PSONE went on to unprecedented sucess. But now the tables have turned apparently...g'wan Ninners.

this BBC news article sayz "The battle between two rival and incompatible high-definition DVD formats will end in stalemate, a research firm has predicted." another bonus for nintendo,

is hi-def tv really all that great or important? i couldn't be arsed, personnaly, to buy into it cause it would cost a feckin fortune, new tv, new player, new ripper, new blank discs.

In the end i'm sure all three consoles are gona do grand.

this BBC news article sayz "The battle between two rival and incompatible high-definition DVD formats will end in stalemate, a research firm has predicted." another bonus for nintendo,

is hi-def tv really all that great or important? i couldn't be arsed, personnaly, to buy into it cause it would cost a feckin fortune, new tv, new player, new ripper, new blank discs.

In the end i'm sure all three consoles are gona do grand.

I'm sure somebody will loose and if the Beta/VHS war has taught us anything it's that the crappiest format will prob win.

Hi-Def is nice, but kinda a joke. Did ya'll know that the little digital satelites people use now are easily out-done by the old big dish system (the only true hi-def receiver). That's why TV stations and sports bars, if they really serious, have the big dishes... I've been wanting one--people still wild-cast shows, you can pick up a lot of stuff and most interesting to me you can pick up all the live news feeds for TV stations! Unedited news!

i was reading a gadgets and gizmos (no, not THE gizmo!) section in the daily star a while back and it was terribly researched!

it was on about the DS and PSP battle, and who was gonna "win". the final conclusion said something like the DS is ok but it still seems the PSP has the advantage! all this despite the PSP sales siiting in the handheld chart at 3rd position (behind the DS lite and the original DS) being outsold 5 units to 1! not to mention the recent announcent to stop making fims for the PSP. i still ail to see the advantage!

Bottom line is, pretty much everyone I know is desperate for a Wii

Bad puns aside, everyone right down to my sister and my grandad will buy one. Microsoft LOSES money on the Xbox franchise, and Sony's console has far too much vested interest in other Sony technology. They really can't afford for blu ray to fail.

Nasty

Edit - I'll get you in a Beamer if it kills me.

edit - well not if it kills me, if it costs me a small amount of money.

LOL!

Seriously though, Beemers are one of the few cars I could never picture myself in, and I'm really not fussy about what I drive...