Cuts

Wax On

easy,

i think the last scratch techniques i know are prisms, woodpeckers and ketchups (not that i can particularly do any of these)

anyone know any newer scratch techniques or have any good resources for scratching?

i've heard the term "delayed flares" being banded about, can anyone explain these?

cheers

Guest Vekked

wtf is a ketchup?? newest cut I learned was the pacman... they're all mostly cool combo's tho, combine your various record hand and fader techniques basically and you have new cuts...

i've heard the term "delayed flares" being banded about, can anyone explain these?

There is a huge post on coldkutcombo about them which

by the way I do not understand one fooking bit of.

I've been trying to learn 2 clickers for months and still

ain't got them flowing. Spending 2 months practicing a

scratch is about as close to a delayed 2 click flare as I'm

getting.

http://www.coldkutcombo.com/forum/viewtopi...cks&start=0

ketchups are a faderless scratch i think invented by woody. basically you arch your record hand and hit down on the top of it like you're hitting the bottom of a ketchup bottle. its basically a sharp stab on the tip of the sound.

i know Woody does it on one of his itf or vestax routines, i'll check which one and post it later.

I'd love to hook up dex if that was

aimed at me. My cuts are pretty basic

really I ain't up to delayed whatevers

but I'd love to meet up for a cut. If

you don't mind cutting with a shoddy

amateur.

I'm fairly busy at the moment but

if we can keep in contact we should be

able to sort something out.

let me know mate.

yo joe, where are you living now, its up north isnt it? im in liverpool, am up for a days scratchathong sometime before crimbo if you sort anything, or want to sort something gime a shout -

are you playing out still or stopped that? i think you played at no fakin before with your group a time back didnt you? anyway, if youve got anything youre working at and want to put on at a night lemme kno too, i might be able to sort something depending what it is.....