laptop recording issue (help)

Guest Vekked

Guest Vekked

just got my new laptop, went to record on it, it was all like interference and fuzz, so I started messing with stuff, realized mic boost was on, so everything appeared fixed, I layed down a drum track (this is all in audition), sounded fine, then I layed down some bass, and I could faintly hear the drums in the same track... then I opened winamp, hit record while playing a track, and realized it was recording a little bit of the sound coming out of my laptop back onto the track... there's prolly a setting to fix this or something, but I can't figure out

thanks, pz!

Guest Vekked

also, paltalk can't connect on my new laptop for some reason... I got my firewall to allow it to go through and everything... anyone know what's up?

Guest Vekked

right, I think there's only 1 input on my laptop... but yea, I'll be picking up a proper soundcard soon, as soon as I sell my 05 pro and gemini decks, lol, but for now I jus wanna record stuff with what I got if I can...

how do I choose what source I record, or not record the stereo mixdown? there an option in control panel or audition?

hmm is your laptop-output connected to your amp or to your mixer? if it's connected to your mixer you obviously re-record every previous track when recording a new - so you have to connect the laptop's output directly to the amp!! also make sure to choose "record line in" only (or whatever it is called) on the audio-settings.

can't be of more help; i'm shit with computers haha...

Guest Vekked
hmm is your laptop-output connected to your amp or to your mixer? if it's connected to your mixer you obviously re-record every previous track when recording a new - so you have to connect the laptop's output directly to the amp!! also make sure to choose "record line in" only (or whatever it is called) on the audio-settings.

can't be of more help; i'm shit with computers haha...

nah, it's not hooked in with the rest of the stuff, it's mixer to laptop, sound out of the laptop speakers

Guest Vekked
also make sure to choose "record line in" only (or whatever it is called) on the audio-settings.

I checked off the box under my mic input, that's the only option I have really I think

Hate to shit on your strawberries Vekk, but if your laptop has only one input then it's almost certainly going to be a mic input; not suitable for recording really. Get some audio hardware bro, anything with a line input will do as a stop-gap

Guest Vekked

what's the diff between the mic and line input tho? like I've multi-tracked on my dad's desktop with the mic in, and it seems to work fine...

and p.s. I already said I was getting a soundcard soooon, like I'm not trying to record masterpieces of perfect sound quality here, I'm just laying down ideas until I get a proper soundcard, cept right now I can't even lay down ideas when it's recording the sound coming out of it as well...

you might have to tick the box "select" on the very right (stereo mix). there's a good chance that might be the problem (i defenately remember the stereo mix was an important option for multitracking, but my audio panel looks different). if that doesn't work post a pic of the advanced audio options.

Guest Vekked
damn tricky problem man. maybe you should make a thread about it on dv - no wait...

loll, yea, this is like how I solve all of my problems, where's steve, and fp, and deeswift when you need them?