Akai MPC [ROLL CALL]

If you just got your 1000 and its the blue one be sure to update the OS to v2.0. It has adds about 32 features!

The only reason I ever see myself using one again might be to per4m a live show doing some arrangments and some simple drumming. All the production would be done on other hardware/software then imported into the MPC though. I can't deal with that kinda of production anymore, too slow for my style of editing!

I'm definitely no

or
when it comes to rockin the MPC though!!! Those guys are GODS! I've seen em both live a few times and their shit is mindblowing! Even smoked a J with JEL b4 his Toronto performance :) Divinci busts out two MPCs on stage and plays em both! Unbelievable! Edited by Hertzworth

If you just got your 1000 and its the blue one be sure to update the OS to v2.0. It has adds about 32 features!

The only reason I ever see myself using one again might be to per4m a live show doing some arrangments and some simple drumming. All the production would be done on other hardware/software then imported into the MPC though. I can't deal with that kinda of production anymore, too slow for my style of editing!

I'm definitely no

or
when it comes to rockin the MPC though!!! Those guys are GODS! I've been em both live a few times and their shit is mindblowing! Even smoked a J with JEL b4 his Toronto performance :) Divinci busts out two MPCs on stage and plays em both! Unbelievable!

ive updated.

they have a new version 3.0 by some third party...

i think im going to get used to the 2.1 first.

im going to concentrate on beats for awhile now.

hopefully ill get something out soon.

ive never seen jel or divinci live...

Who on the board uses MPC(s)?

Ive started to post on an MPC forum, but I'd like to work/discuss with peeps on DV as well.

get@me.

2000XL :8

Who on the board uses MPC(s)?

Ive started to post on an MPC forum, but I'd like to work/discuss with peeps on DV as well.

get@me.

2000XL :8

yeah, i know you have one.

anyone have a stand for theirs?

im trying to find something for my desk to give it some tilt.

im looking at laptop stands..

how much? why ya want it angled anyways? Just cause?

Anybody have the FX board in their MPC??? Been thinking about getting one... was origianally told by the peeps that taught me the basics that they were not woth it... but startiung to wonder if it would be worth the investment... anyone used em??

how much? why ya want it angled anyways? Just cause?

Anybody have the FX board in their MPC??? Been thinking about getting one... was origianally told by the peeps that taught me the basics that they were not woth it... but startiung to wonder if it would be worth the investment... anyone used em??

i have to keep leaning forward to peep the screen.

i think it would be more comfortable, for myself, to have it tilted.

i mainly use it when im sitting down.

i dont know anything about the FX board.

im still learning the basics... =X

That's a good idea... ever thought of a solid-metal backed music stand? (like for sheet music)

thats what im going for...

I don't have an MPC, but I do like my laptop angled like that. I used to be very much into art and especially technical drawing, so I've got a big A2 drawig board. I don't use it much these days but it works exceptionally well as a stand. Gives me a lot of extra real estate for my outboard sound card, pens post-its not to mention rizla lighters etc

A computer sequencer wth a midi controller is infinitely more flexible than an mpc. Good luck with it tho.

And infinately less portable or fun.

A computer sequencer wth a midi controller is infinitely more flexible than an mpc. Good luck with it tho.

WRONG! I use my Laptop and trigger finger at everyshow. It also doubles as my serato set up! VERY PORTABLE, and of course, FUN!

alligator food

You should get a stand alone cradle to wheel around, take up less desk space, and work goo for live shows.

Also, I want one o these when they come out.

http://www.odysseygear.com/display.php?sku...279d0aae867188b

I am sure it would work with an MPC aswell.

You should get a stand alone cradle to wheel around, take up less desk space, and work goo for live shows.

Also, I want one o these when they come out.

http://www.odysseygear.com/display.php?sku...279d0aae867188b

I am sure it would work with an MPC aswell.

im going to get one of those rollers.. but i like my mpc on my desk with everything else.. my lil area...

i want the stand for my desk to give it the tilt so i dont have to lean...

and i want the roller for when its not on my desk.. i.e., live shows (if it ever happens...)

WRONG! I use my Laptop and trigger finger at everyshow. It also doubles as my serato set up! VERY PORTABLE, and of course, FUN!

alligator food

alligator food?? that some damn coon-ass shit?? ;)

Tis true if ur using a laptop... If I didn't already have a MPC I'd think about just buying one of those MPC styled trigger pads... But I also think that MPCs are hella unique... IMO they are in general .... less linear I'd say... where as computer shit is less looped sounding and more linear... both are cool, but I prefer using a MPC. To a laptop is too distant feeling. My MPC feels alive like a person.

I hope u back that bitch up a lot Saint... gonna loose a lot more than just 100g's of zip data if your laptop crashes! But you also don't have the BS load times I got....