QUICK GUIDE TO MAKING A TORRENT

Steve

There are several ways to do it, but this is the method I use. First off, download MakeTorrent2.1 from here: -

http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/maketorrent/#dl

You don't necessarily have to zip files when you create a torrent, but if you don't, make sure they're all in one folder. Place that folder (or the zip file) into the incoming folder that your particular BitTorrent program uses.

NOTE FOR OiNK USERS ONLY

If you're creating a torrent to share on OiNK, do not zip/rar files because they don't allow it. Put all of the tracks into a folder, add album art (if you have it) and a playlist and place that into your BitTorrent program's incoming folder. This applies to audio only. If you're sharing any other type of file then you can use zips.

Start up MakeTorrent and switch it to simple view (if it's not already). In the box that says Tracker, enter the announce URL for the tracker you want to use (in the case of OiNK, your personal announce URL can be found at the top of the upload page. It's unique to you, so make sure you copy and paste it correctly). Use the little folder view top left to browse to the folder containing your files. You should now see all of the files in the top right window. Hit the All button and they'll be highlighted, then hit "Create torrent now!" and choose a place to save your torrent file.

That's it! All you have to do now is upload the torrent to the site of your choice, then open the torrent yourself which will start the files seeding.

NOT FOR OiNK USERS ONLY

When you go to the Upload page on OiNK, you have to fill out all of the details relating to the file you're uploading, then check the option at the bottom to confirm that the files aren't transcodes. Hit the Browse button at the top, browse to your torrent file and select it, then hit "Do it!" to upload the torrent. After a second or two, it'll download again. Hit Open instead of Save and your BitTorrent program will start and the files will begin to seed.

It might seem complicated, but it's not. Once you've done it once or twice you'll realise it takes no time at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

cheers for the reply - i ended up figuring this one out .. was being a bit stupid.

Your right, someone does have to be uploading...

what was wrong was that i made the torrent, but then moved the files (doh) so thats why i couldn't upload !!

BTW i found a torrent with shit load of scratch loops etc from all the peeps off this board