"I overlooked this joint cuz its mainstream"thread

djxander

Somebody asked me to DL a huge ass list of songs for them and one of the songs was Chingy - Pullin' Me Back ft. Tyrese and it turns out to be awesome!

I would have never paid attention to it cuz I don't really give chingy or tyrese much respect as artists, but damn!

So what else have you slept on for dumb reasons like "oh I don't like him/her," "this is too mainstream," etc.

Guest sirchickski

ive actually done it on the whole scatching business. I used to think wat was so good repeating the same thing like:

"w-w-w-w-word" to me it never used to seem very musical. Then over time from DV ive grown to find a diffrent side to it. I never used to listen to tracks posted here but now i do some aint too bad.

Be cool to incorporate it into my music some time but i have no idea on the buying equipment stuff and probably should stick to the one instrument for now. lol

Unfortunately for me, I overlook quality music ALL THE TIME for whatever reasons they be. Most recentely, I had overlooked Matisyahu as his music seemed a bit too gimmicky for me, upon second glance I found him to be actually not that bad, haven't checked all his work yet though.

i didn't say chingy is a quality artist, I'm just saying I slept on that joint based on who it was made by.

Also, the one thing that chingy DEFINATELY has going for him is that nobody can call him a biter. When you hear "i like it how you do it right thurr right thurr" its a very signature sound. It may be cheesy/commercial/whatever, but its definately his own.

With that said, I'm not dropping and dollars on chingy music in the near future lol.

As for Jay-Z, I think the black album is dope as hell too. Listen to 99 Problems, honestly. It is a 100% "concious" mainstream song with a sick as beat. The flow is sick. Content is sick. Beat is sick... Rick Rubin on the beat for all the backpacker kids that refuse to believe that Jay is sick. Same guy behind T-La Rock, Run DMC, etc.

With that said, Jay's verse on that De Ja Vu song w/ Beyonce was hella wack. I was actually surprised how dope beyonce was on it though. When I first heard it on the radio I was expecting a sick jay-z part and a stupid beyonce part, but this was the exact opposite.

ive actually done it on the whole scatching business. I used to think wat was so good repeating the same thing like:

"w-w-w-w-word" to me it never used to seem very musical. Then over time from DV ive grown to find a diffrent side to it. I never used to listen to tracks posted here but now i do some aint too bad.

Be cool to incorporate it into my music some time but i have no idea on the buying equipment stuff and probably should stick to the one instrument for now. lol

no way. get the tables chick. you'll be better than everyone else in a year and half.

:(( :(( :((

I guess the most recent artist I'd overlooked was Juelz Santana.

Yeah he does raps for Chris Brown etc. but I heard the Oh Yes song off his album a while ago and it was dope! Also in the new Fast & the Furious film, that bit where he sees his Evo VIII car, the song to that is The Whistle Song, again off his new album. Siiicccck beat!