What do i use for this purpose?

ok, so i'm using my MPC with my band more and more, running programmed beats to the drummer through the headphones, and the MPC plugs into one channel on my mixer, and i'm cutting on the other channel.

the problem is we want the sound guy to be able to mix the beats and scratching independently, which means running the MPC into one mixer, and my turntable into another mixer.

All i really need is RCA in to the mixer, and RCA (or anything else) out. One channel is all i really need and a volume fader to turn it up and down.

which mixer, (or other thing) is the cheapest (or best) alternative?

an idea,

not sure if it would work, but if you can pan your channels independantly on your scratch mixer - so have the MPC panned hard left, and the cuts hard right.

at gigs with a band i scratch in mono anyway, if you want stereo scratchmixer you take up two channels on the desk dont you...

so you can have the left output on your scratchmixer going to channel 1 (for example - on the desk) which would be just the MPC and channel 2 on the main desk as the cuts. obivously on the main desk its not gona be panned, just a standard mono signal.

sorry, kinda rambling idea, never tried it coz i never had to, but it could work and it will save you buying anything else!

goodluck

so the setup at the moment is the MPC runs into channel 1, and i do my scratching on channel 2.

The problem is that we'd like the sound guy to be able to mix the scratching and the beats independently.

We could send the beat directly from the MPC to the sound guy, but the problem there is that in almost every song there is a part where i have to drop the beat out. If i drop it out on the MPC, the drummer loses it in his headphones, and everyone loses the beat. That's why i need it running into a mixer with a volume or crossfader so i can cut it out that way.

I remember someone talking about a cheap one channel mixer. Did that ever eventuate?

Cheers for the help so far.

(oh, and no panning on the pioneer 909, but good idea drakule)

i think the problem is that the sound guy needs a seperate feed of the mpc and the scratching so he can balance them individually in the mix - otherwise he could just send the headphones out to the drummer and the master out to the mixer

volume pedal would probably have 6.3mm stereo jack in and 6.3mm stereo jack out, if you got a couple of these:

you should be in business (although 6.3mm jack would probably be a preferable connector from the sound guys poinit of view and iirc mpc outputs are 6.3 jacks already)