Monitor is guna blow i think..

Guest sirchickski

Guest sirchickski

Yo guys, has any thing like this happened to you... when i use pc my monior dims slightly and them brightens up again.. does it like once every say 20 mins.. theres no regular pattern but it dont happen often. Happen quite a few times today though. Any one know what that could be ?

Guest sirchickski

yeh man. Wont blow up will it i hope ? lol ! Should i get plasma or the old fashioned monitors... the one im on is old fashioned...

It shouldn't literally explode, no. It sounds like the cathode ray tube is close to giving up.

You actually get a better picture on a regular CRT monitor, but TFT monitors are good cos they have a small footprint.

Guest sirchickski

right so eventually itll just stop working :(

whats better for your eyes health... old fashion monitors or modern screens... thas more important for me really.. i dont wana be wearing thick glasses when im older. haha

You won't suffer permanent damage to your eyes from using a computer monitor. Just make sure you're using a resolution that allows you to read text easily and you'll be fine. Give your eyes a rest every now and then too.

true but dont old computer screens give off some radiation type thing.. ? cant membe what its called.

I wouldn't worry about that mate. Computers are so widely used these days, that if there was any significant risk to your health you'd know about it.

If you want a CRT monitor, just ask -I've got literally dozens going spare here and there, mostly 17", free if you want it. Where you at? Either near Cambridge, York or not too far from the A1 or M1 I'd happily drop one or two off for a fiver bag of bud and a cut ;)

Guest sirchickski

Im from Cardiff man. (Cah-deef) South wales :p

I love that "free" then right at the end...I'd happily drop one or two off for a fiver bag of bud and a cut

Guest sirchickski

lol yeh i think my Electromagnetic radiation is dying on me i can see it blowing away in the wind, writing its good bye letter to me now :(! Altho saying that pc screen lasted since 1998 - 2006 still alive atm .. if i suddenly stop typing.. you know why

If you do buy a new one, I'd recommend an Iiyama. They're good screens and they've got great customer service and a 3 year warranty. Mine broke about a month before the warranty was up - I phoned them and the next day they delivered a brand new screen and took the old one away.

Guest sirchickski

well.. i need a large size monitor cos i use programs like protools/cubase and they dont fit on my monitor i use at the moment. I know you can get two monitors to act together cant you? Or is that an apple only feature..

Guest sirchickski

well i duno much about monitors but i got 17inch and my programs dont fit on the screen lol and ih ave resolution of 800 by 600 when seems like the world is on 1024 x w.e it is

Guest sirchickski

Yeh, font is wierd and nothing fits correctly.. and the Hurtz on my screen drop loads for some reason and cant get it up in the settings :s very odd...

Yeah sorry, this forum is STR7 hating on embedded vizzle

Fucking hell I hate being skint. Sitting on a forum at nearly ten on a saturday night is NOT my idea of fun. Anyone wanna paypal me twenty quid so I can go get a beer instad?

Guest sirchickski

Right, so is it recommended to get the old type screens if i got the room, or get the new flat ones even if i had room for the older one cos they are worth it ?