new needles recommendation

i was thinkin of buy a pair of shure m44-7's for £65 from www.decks.co.uk but i was readin they are a bit hellish for record burn. is this so? i dont just do scratchin i do some mixing also so i dont wanna burn ma rekkids too much. ta

:)

pz

Guest Vekked

yea, get shures, ortofons are disgusting for record burn, I can't stand them... they fuzz parts of beats up so much from juggling that I can't even practice with them because they sound so bad :|

If you go down the community health clinic drop in, you can get new ones for free. You can probabbly get that rash looked at too, heard you been scratching

:((

frost- twist on, twist off. you don't take your carts off your headshells. and yes, they have a high output.

peas

like all needles theyre a little fiddle to attach to the headsheel when you first get them, but then they you just twist off the headshell from the tone arm when u want to take them somewhere like regualr needles

i ues whitelabels. they are shit hot soundwise

And shiny sparkly spangly emo RAZR spinner-rims on the bling scale. On 12's, looks-wise they're hotter than dangling your cock in a toaster. I know that shouldn't count for anything, but it all adds to the frankly hollow pleasure of dropping a whole days wages on a tiny fragment of synthetic diamond super-glued to a tube of metal

shures are brilliant. I got one almost two years back and its still wicked

WOW :o I kill a pair about every 6 months

the sound quality had probably reduced a bit but still tracks well

mine last 12-18 months. finally changed them a few weeks back.

how do u know when to replace them? when they start skippign or sound awful?

i ues whitelabels. they are shit hot soundwise

And shiny sparkly spangly emo RAZR spinner-rims on the bling scale. On 12's, looks-wise they're hotter than dangling your cock in a toaster. I know that shouldn't count for anything, but it all adds to the frankly hollow pleasure of dropping a whole days wages on a tiny fragment of synthetic diamond super-glued to a tube of metal

its not been hollow, i'm such a meany that investement was well overdue and i'm well chuffed in them; not only is the frequency range second to none but for you hundred or so quid you get a pair of headhsells, carts needles and a protective case.

if you bought 44-7's carts & needles, which are still the best for holding the groove and not twatting your vinyls, plus a case for them, headshells, you'd be looking at a similar price don't you think? plus you have to waste valuable scarcth time wiring them up!!

how do u know when to replace them? when they start skippign or sound awful?

when i last used them live i was getting a lot of feedback, once i swapped the styli for the new pair the feedback stopped.

but in general, the highs will go fuzzy and the needle will lose it's tracking.

what r the 44g's like..i heard they are supposedly great for sound but are still pretty skip resistant (although not as good as the 447s)