Mixvibes....

Cable

I couldn't be arsed to put together the whole DJ Decks thing. I love my serato but, If another set up is cheaper and works the same, I say wear the off brand sneakers!

• 2 months later...

I probably will buy a laptop tomorow and am interested to get mixvibes or djdecks(because serato is to expensive for me right now)with it... but I can't decide what soundcard I should buy.

on the mixvibes site they sell mixvibes bundled with one of those soundcards

Edirol FA-101, Edirol FA-66

are there cheaper ones that anyone would recommend?

it needs firewireso I could connect it to the laptop and 4in-/outputs...

• 3 weeks later...

ahhhh ian, i coulda got you a copy. i did a demo @ miac this year. its actually not too bad if your a pc head, mac doesnt support it at the moment which is what i use so serato all the way for me. if you search my name on youtube there should b a video somebody posted of me skratching with it. the latency i think is a LITTLE bit better for scratching but sometimes the damn program wouldnt read the coded records too well and the shit kept looping, it was annoying.

I've never used mixvibes, but I can tell you the experience I had trying to communicate with them... None!

::takes off the smart ass cap::

Basically, I was considering becoming a mixvibes dealer for a while (a.k.a. bringing them more business), but they never bothered returning my emails or anything. I would imagine if they would shit on a potential dealer (e.g. many potential sales every month) they would much more readily shit on a customer who is only 1 sale to them.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say mixvibes is the devil, but I'm not impressed with them and Rane still reigns supreme (no pun intended) in terms of stability, customer service and overall trustworthiness in my book. If you wanna get SSL holla. I have 2 that are currently unclaimed and I can get your name on one of them if you're down!

I've never used mixvibes, but I can tell you the experience I had trying to communicate with them... None!

Basically, I was considering becoming a mixvibes dealer for a while (a.k.a. bringing them more business), but they never bothered returning my emails or anything. I would imagine if they would shit on a potential dealer (e.g. many potential sales every month) they would much more readily shit on a customer who is only 1 sale to them.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say mixvibes is the devil, but I'm not impressed with them and Rane still reigns supreme (no pun intended) in terms of stability, customer service and overall trustworthiness in my book. If you wanna get SSL holla. I have 2 that are currently unclaimed and I can get your name on one of them if you're down!

Xander - contact paul@mixvibes.com. He's based out of SF and is very responsive indeed.

Xander - contact paul@mixvibes.com. He's based out of SF and is very responsive indeed.

paul is moving to SF today actually he better send my soundcard :p