QBert - Leeds - Tonight

Gizmo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i supported him in dublin the other night...

he did a funk/breaks set & cuttin too....

2 decks... ..no QFO!!!

and i got a quick go on his black & red 05...

Guest Ryan
i supported him in dublin the other night...

he did a funk/breaks set & cuttin too....

2 decks... ..no QFO!!!

and i got a quick go on his black & red 05...

he scratches better on a normal set up dont you think?

Maybe i'm just imagining it

he scratches better on a normal set up dont you think?

Maybe i'm just imagining it

yeah theres somethin better about seein him on two... or one & mixer or whatever... innit..

not for long tho i whipped him in a freestyle battle and the forfeit was i could snap his fader with my shoe...

all upfader for leeds!!!

Several loungers are making it there. Any DVers going?

I was goin' but now i ain'...

Going away with family instead... (not sayin' it will be more or less enjoyable though)

speak soon Mark... :o

I'm sure my date will fill me in with what's going on Nick!

Yeah Man...

It never goes quite to plan, but we still lookin' good, & fund secured for the first year...

Your Date.. :(( Will fill you in... (OOOPs.. inform you of current status...)

Should have called you a while ago... Will bell you after B-Holiday 4 update...

Maxamoso Camaro...

ps Did you vote in the DV Battle? & if so, how did you find the Comp overall?

I feal a lot of effort has gone into the files submited... It was a great turnout... Everone who entered should hold thier heads high, whatever the outcome.

High quality entries 4 sure...

In a bit Mark...

Quantum mechanics and statistical thermodynamics exams tomorrow. So no, I'm not going. It's a cunt.

On a Bank Holiday Monday? Surely not!

I never even know when bank holidays are, my dept. doesn't respect them :(

Done about 10hrs today and I still know shit :((

Never mind Liam. Good luck with the exam!

Wicked night overall

There was a alot of people there for a sunday night so the vibe in Wardrobe was good. Sinical, Matman and Mike-L all warmed up nicely and Qbert showed everyone why he's still the best in the world

The night dropped in energy for a bit as he was doing his breaks set as people on the floor weren't really dancing and everyone was still just staring at him but it got good again when those dirty electro beats came on lol

@Gizmo - i'm assuming you were the guy at the front of the stage with the digi-cam recording everything?

pz

@Gizmo - i'm assuming you were the guy at the front of the stage with the digi-cam recording everything?

Guilty as charged. I didn't get everything - some of it I've seen before so I stoped filming to take pics.

I liked the breaks set. I've seen Q scratch a lot but to watch him do a regular set on 2 decks was cool, especially from my vantage point. Clips to follow this week. I've only had 3 hours sleep and I'm an old man now.

the only thing i thought was a bit shit was the breaks records he was using... they sounded like a massive mix of breaks so if he fooked up or was too slow cutting between them then it goes into the next tune regardless. i noticed it most when he dropped in "lets dance" by accident by being too slow! still he drumming, juggling and cutting were definately as sharp as ever!

that breaks set is a bit of a scam really he's using the breaktionery series where everythings the same bpm hence the speeded up funk. q was good tho. sinical was dope as fuck the best of the showcases and the tightest juggles. gonna rock the dmc's dude. giz nice to meet you mate good to put a face to a name.