The first vinyl record you ever bought?

Steve

We've had a thread like this before I'm sure, but we've got new members since then. :p

Mine was Tubeway Army - Are 'Friends' Electric? which I bought back in 1979 (when I was 9). I had loaaaaads of 7" singles, but like a fool I sold them all.

mine was the beatnuts - watch out now single

lol its funny how theres a CLEAR generation diffrence.

I'm old enough to be your dad and so are quite a few other members here. Gizmo is old enough to be your grandad. :d

Back in '90 I bought "Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em" on 12". You could still buy vinyl in Woolworths back then. I was seven and I'm pretty sure I must have saved up my Pick 'n' Mix money or some shit because seven year olds don't exactly command a vast disposable income.

my first vinyl single was fall back down by rancid. my first vinyl album was the same as my first cd album limpbizkit: chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavoured water

first tape i got was bob marley-legend when i was 4.

mine was the beatnuts - watch out now single

lol its funny how theres a CLEAR generation diffrence.

I'm old enough to be your dad and so are quite a few other members here. Gizmo is old enough to be your grandad. :d

there he is :p

Fuck you all you fucking fucks. Don't cheek your elders. I used to come round here when it was all just fields etc etc...

The very first LP I bought (and I still have it) was Bob Marley's "Exodus" - 1977.

Fuck you all you fucking fucks. Don't cheek your elders. I used to come round here when it was all just fields etc etc...

:((

Yeah Ricta! I know where you live and if you don't go and play down your own end I'll be having a word with your dad. You cheeky whipper snapper!

i acutually inherited like 2 crates of records when i first bought my tables. and i bought 5 records the first time out.

common - ghetto heaven rmx

common - 1999 rmx bw/ tekzilla

the roots - quicksand millenium

all natural - 50 years bw/ hip hop history 101

mos def, q-tip & tash - body rock

You fuckin liar. No ones allowed even a half cool record.

I had a few records that I'd nicked etc and I'd got the vanilla ice and hammer on tape

but

I have a horrible feeling that the first record (vinyl) I went out and paid my own money for was turtle power by partners in kryme. (I was 9)

I think I've still got it somewhere.

I was a tape dubbing man aswell. Can't even remember the first tape I had, probably jive bunny or some horrible shit. First record I bought was hiphop drunkies by the alkaholics when I got my first set of decks. Soundlab belt drives rock.