DJ Shadows on Universal

djnumnuts

I know he said this record was one of the most fun things he's ever done and that its going to be a lot more "commercial," but I really hope he does at least one sample-laden oddyssey track for all of us that have been following him since before he started fucking w/ cats like david banner (no diss to david banner, @ all)

Yeah I'll expect the album to be pretty wack! I'm disappointed already! Creative control usually gets shot once the majors get a hold of an artist. He'll loose most of his older fans but will probably gain a bunch of new ones. Seen it go down many times b4.

FUK Majors! They've ruined a lot of my favourite artists!

Yeah I'll expect the album to be pretty wack!  I'm disappointed already!  Creative control usually gets shot once the majors get a hold of an artist.  He'll loose most of his older fans but will probably gain a bunch of new ones.  Seen it go down many times b4.

FUK Majors!  They've ruined a lot of my favourite artists!

naievete deluxe.

how fucking thick are these major labels that it takes em this long to notice someone as good as shadow???????????? independant labels are where it's at.

he's had major label discribution for a while now, just not an official contract w/ them to specifically put out his music.

If his latest single "3 freaks" is anything to go by i think he's taking a new turn in direction for this new album

But it's all good imo

If Shadow wants to stay new and exciting he's got to move with the times and try something different

quotes from the man himself

I'm thrilled to join the team at Universal. Finally, after years of feeling like an orphan I feel like I finally have a home

Those are pretty strong statements, imo.

FP: Why did you call it Endtrotucing.

Shadow: I called it Endtroducing, because to me its on one hand an introduction. I put out a dozen and a half records but no albums, by choice. So on that level, I`m a realist, knowing that by putting out an album you are reaching people you would not reach with a 12". And also the fact that its the first album thats going to be released domestically in the States by Mo Wax. I reach a lot of people in my own country with Mo Wax, that have never been able to see a Mo Wax record too. On the other hand, this is a sound I have been developing for 4 years, and I dont intend to be doing this next year or the year after. In a lot of ways it represents not just the nine months chuck of work that it took to make it, but like what we are up to now. So the next album is going to be a lot different, it should be a lot different, cause I will be inspired by different things. And so the album is an end to that sound. It just follows the theory of build and destroy. If you build something you should be the first to destroy it before someone else does. Thats what I believe. I could have named the album build and destroy. But I dont like it that obvious.

well... 3 freaks is actually really interesting, no one's done anything that sounds like that, but the david banner joint sounds super generic to me. I am liking a lot of the down south shit though. For dance music, I'm loving collipark. Bun B- Get Throwed, Draped Up, Slim Thug - I aint heard of that, all the bubba sparxxx shit, it's all ill as fuck.

Yeah I'll expect the album to be pretty wack!  I'm disappointed already!  Creative control usually gets shot once the majors get a hold of an artist.  He'll loose most of his older fans but will probably gain a bunch of new ones.  Seen it go down many times b4.

FUK Majors!  They've ruined a lot of my favourite artists!

naievete deluxe.

naievete deluxe

Its spelt naivete get it right next time.

• 2 weeks later...