SNES

Huw

also, can i connect it through the screen in my laptop? i'm assuming not, but i don't have a telly at uni so i'm a bit fucked...

Buy a TV tuner. As you've got a laptop it will have to be either cardbus or USB (or possibly miniPCI, although I've never seen a miniPCI tuner...). You should be able to find one for around £25 if you look around. Look out, though: USB/cardbus models often don't feature all the connectors that are standard on PCI models. At the very least try and get one with a seperate composite input which is damn handy for consoles etc; S-video can be useful too although not a must.

cheers liam, i'll hit maplin when it gets here. i've only got mario kart, street racer and mario allstars. really want bomberman, mortal kombat, streetfighter and unirally...

EDIT: i don't have a TV licence. could i get raped by whoever for not having one but having an aerial?

i don't have a TV licence.  could i get raped by whoever for not having one but having an aerial?

Nah. If you're really worried, phone them up and tell them you've bought a TV tuner for playing games consoles only. So long as you don't plug in and tune in to TV channels, you should be safe. Quite a few people did this in halls (myself included)