best mixer for about 300 quid?

mr v

mines showing signs its about to give up the ghost any day soon,

whats the best mixer i can get for about 300 quid for nowt but straight up cutting, being able to fit a pro x fade at sometime would be good also.

also anyone tried the ecler nuo2? looks pretty saucy but wondered if the faders were upto much. is that pro x fadeable?

any of you guys got any 2nd hand shit you'd be willing to palm off for stupid prices?

peace, mr v

I just got an SA-5 for $100. The headphone cueing is jaced but who cares its in mint condition other than that. I love the feel of contact faders. I honestly dont think you can beat it.

also anyone tried the ecler nuo2?... ...is that pro x fadeable?

If you're looking to swap out faders, Ecler mixers might not be the best investment. I can't speak on the nuo2, but if previous offerings as anything to go by, then don't expect standard 50k components.

What features do you actually use? You say you want a mixer for straight-up cutting, in which case you might be just as happy with a second hand 06 and a Penny/ProX, not to mention a few quid better off. Obviously that procludes the benefits of an effects loop, 3-band eq, sound quality.... but if you just want a box to click away on, go minimal. Less is more.

What's wrong with the old mixer? If your long term plan is to get a Pro-X, then why not get one now and breathe new life into your mixer for a bit. £300 ain't a huge budget for a mixer; I can't help but feel that if you buy a £300 mixer today, you'll want a £600 mixer tomorrow. Save up and get that 56 or whatever you want a year or so from now. Buy the best and buy once, it's cheaper and more rewarding in the long run.