sticker on fader cap

Jimmy

ever since i got my rane sometimes the fader cap coting hasnt always agreed with my skin, and so my fingers would stick and not move as freely as i wanted,

so today i had a good idea to put stickers covering the two sides so that my fingers can slip off like i want.

in short, it works a treat.

anyone else had this sort of problem and done the same thing ?

I always have problems with the fader falling off so I put tacky wall putty (just the tiniest bit) up in the fader so the stem holds in there better...

ever since i got my rane sometimes the fader cap coting hasnt always agreed with my skin, and so my fingers would stick and not move as freely as i wanted,

so today i had a good idea to put stickers covering the two sides so that my fingers can slip off like i want.

The coating on my fader cap has dissappeared; its now shiny and smooth. (Well, on one side...)

i had a problem similar with a fader cap that had little holes in each side, just tiny ones, for looking cool no doubt, but my little finger nail would always clip it at the end of a crab and it was annoying...it was off a stanton mixer, a real nice fat cap that ive kept. i put stickers over it, but it does get annoying cuz you peel that away slowly and then your left all gummy...so you put another one on and repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat...

yeh i was thinking about that ynot as i was doin it, but its something i'll hopefully live with

its as you say - liveable with.. failing that just pinch a fader nob from some club you play at :((

no i could never recommend that. i play fortnightly at a place with a pio 500/600 whatever [sux i know] i hate it..its got no caps on at all.. fader, and four stinking channels and still no nobs...

jus keep stickering mate

I have the ultimate Fader knob. It's about 4 years old. I got it packed tight with a clear gell that stops it from falling apart inside.

It's worn down to a perfect shape.