jazzy jeff appreciation thread

djxander

In the last couple of months I've come to realize how fucking AWESOME jeff is. His production will shit on the best of em, and he's not one of those DJs like GM Flash (with all due respect) that's like "This is how I dj'd 30 years ago, so this is how I'm gonna DJ now." I think he can hang with just about any new gun and give any sucka DJ a run for his money in terms of creativity and well roundedness.

Every time I hear him, he inspires me.

well I would definately imagine he practices his sets cuz they're too intricate and too clean for someone to just do freestyle. Also, if he's doing his shit w/ Skillz - I think they have their shit coordinated SOOO well it pretty much has to be practiced.

I think that the promoter was trying to get the most Jazzy Jeff for his money and Jazzy Jeff was trying to get the most money from the promoter, if ya know what I mean?

Jazzy Jeff is a true DJ legend. I have about 3-4 mixes of Jeff & it's true he does play simular sets with peeps like Mobb Deep, Gangstarr, Tribe Quest, etc etc all having a lil section of their own, but he also plays stuff that very few others play. For instance i have one set from last years Notting Hill carnival where he goes from Blahzay Blahzay "danger" to a track by the Doors to another hip hop track to James Brown. Not easy to do......

Also his cutz are so Rhythmic that few sound as good as him, even though they are mostly chirps,stabs & transforming.

I will post a couple of audio segments from the live mixes I have tomorrow for your listening pleasure...

I gotta jump on this just to say RESPECT! Jazzy was the first DJ I ever heard and who I totally credit as the sole influence for me wanting to DJ...

yup jeff is my main influence into the scratchin scene, his transforming is so pitch perfect, haaaaa the good old days listening to stu allen and his electro top 10, and then we had chad jackson lol, who actually won dmc in 87, his transforming is a dismal attempt to copy what jeff can bring to the party scene.

long live jeff.... and fruityloops :d

by the way ill post my attempt at a jeff transform, that i did on fruity.

Pz. :|

yup jeff is my main influence into the scratchin scene, his transforming is so pitch perfect, haaaaa the good old days listening to stu allen and his electro top 10, and then we had chad jackson lol, who actually won dmc in 87, his transforming is a dismal attempt to copy what jeff can bring to the party scene.

long live jeff....  and fruityloops :d

by the way ill post my attempt at a jeff transform, that i did on fruity.

Pz. :|

bus dis key 103...

still got loads of tapes from them shows...

Anyone got any mixtapes of his to share?

I have a few... PM me...

u might already have these tho:

Jazzy Jeff- Live on BTTB Radio Germany 4.7.02

Cornerstone Mixtape #40- Jazzy Jeff (6/02)(3 disc)

DJ Spinbad+Sat One- Jazzy Jeff megamix (“the magnificent†promo disc)

dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince @greek theater los angeles CA 6-29-88

I've probably listened to stuff from Jazzy Jeff about 10,000 times more than Qbert, D-Styles et al, so yeah - respect due.

same here, he was one of those who got my started

You weren't born when Jeff Was cutting. :((

quiet time now. i meant when i heard him for the first time.

and then i bought the magnificent, which is wick'