Mackie D2

chester

• 1 year later...

im wondering the same thing, but if some one has one, is it posible to use a dj software like traktor? and final scratch records? or somthing like that?

I have a pair of final scratch records, but sold the final scratch v1, some years back.

The D,2 will not work with Tracktor. The D.2 PRO will when it gets released this summer. I dont' think it will work with FS or Scratch Live though because they both require their own boxes in order to work.

There are some notable short comings. The line fader curve is rather ppor. You have to set the curve 3/4 to the right to get a linear curve. Upfader cutting won't be possible with this mixer.

There is also a latency issue with the crossfader. At times when I click the fader it doesn't register.

Overall though, the Mackie D.2 is a good mixer. Has good sound, powerful eqs, solid construction, and light faders. It has certainly helped me improve on my scratching. For what they are now charging for it you can't go wrong.

Edited by Psykadelik

I was chattin with some dude who bought one about 6 months ago and he's a really good turntablist. Anyway to make a long story short, he loves it! He said the faders are amazing and as mentioned above the EQs are sweet as well.

It kinda makes me want one!

looks like its positiv and negativ experiances with the mixer. Well il just have to wait and see what its like.

I thought the d.2 worked with traktor, since i went to the native instruments webapage, and they had a link, and it went to the d.2, and not the d.2 pro.