Firefox problem

Monkey-Hands

When I start the internet and open firefox I get this fucking message thing or something and when I click cancel it closes all open browsers and says that an error was detected. When I open the browser again everything is fine.

Any help??

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/3224/help6rv.jpg

i had a problem with firefox recently.. ive used it for ages and neve rhad a probme til one time i opened it up , nothing different to normal, but it asked me to use a profile.. i tried to ignore it, just closed or exited and it wouldnt let me use firefox, i tried to use the default but it kept saying it was in use?? so i created a new one, and i lost all my favourites n shit.. all the cookies and shit.. i searched on teh computer but couldnt find them.. anyone seen this, or know how to get ma shit back??

wierd stuff..and highly irritating!!!

a reinstall should help. the browser froze on me every time I hit a button on a website like the submit button here etc. uninstall, delete the mozilla firefox folder in programs and download the new version and install it. your prefs will be the same as long as you use the same profile.

the profiles exist in all versions... the difference is that they only appear under certain circumstances.

for example, if one ff process has hung and you open another one it will not be able to communicate with the old process so it thinks you are a new user (this is usefull on multiple user systems like linux, macOS and even under fast user switching in 'doze)

if you use virtual desktops, it thinks you have multiple users when you switch desktops

if you start 2 ff's simultaeneously by mistake or for whatever reason, ione locks the profile but the other cant communicate with the first until it has fully initialised == profile mishaps.

the feedback agent problem - i would recommend clicking next and going through it. that will probably kill it, or type about:config in the address bar and see if theres an option in there to disable it...

i cant see one immediately but i have never seen the feedback agent, and i've used FF on all 3 OS's without problem (and from early releases too)

hope that clears some stuff up and helps you!

cheers guys. ive just had this problem on my other pc.. glad i checked back herer [using netscape - see im learning!] so i should just ignore it, not use firefox until its definately6 stopped its last shit..like next time i log on..ima do that, its half 3 in teh morning anyway..laterz fellas ..n cheers...

im about to read that profile guide, but off the top of your heads - theres no way of recovering an old profile is there?