Controller/Trigger Fingers

iexist

So I'm thinking of getting a trigger finger er midi controller..

Im debating between the Akai MPD16 Drum Pad Controller and the M-Audio Trigger Finger Controller. I really want the feel of an MPC but something that will work through my computer. If anyone can give me some insight on the two, or recommend something that would work out better please give some information.

vs.

Any advice would do. I really want to get one of these controllers to start producing beats. I just feel it will be alot easier for me rather than working with reason or fruity loops.

probably not. i just really want something with the "tap" feature, like on an MPC...

i dont know what software i would use for this equipment.

i actually just use reason to make the beats that ive made, but i would rather something on this lines.

u can use either of them with any software that has midi built in

u just need to go into the settings and assign different things to each pad

reason should have midi, if not acid or any cubase thing does

i reckon the trigger finger would be slightly better as u have four faders to assign, not just one

Trigger finger all the way. It has more sliders and knobs that are freely assignable, and the mpd pads are supposed to be quite stiff. Trigger finger ones are ok but they are still stiffer than an mpc. Ableton live is a good sequencer to use with it.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've heard/read over and over...get a Trigger Finger. I was thinking about getting a MPD 16 awhile back, but after the research I did, I learned that the Trigger Finger was a better option...over and over. I can't wait to get one.

Peace.