who has the most ghetto setup?

Mista_Ed

ok....

yall posting pics of ya nice set ups an shit....

but who's got the most ghetto setup?!?

ill try and get a camera and post a pic of mine....

at the moment...i have a low desk, with stacks of video boxes on top of each other....with a piece of wood on top of the boxes, which has a turntable and a mixer on top of that.....unfortunately, the piece of wood isnt big enough, so the mixer hangs of the edge slightly....lol

the best set up ive seen was mike the barons circa 2002/3

the tables were a foot off the ground....if u wanted a cut - you had to kneel down.....i did that shit for 9 months and developed huge callouses on my knees...fucking scruffy northerners.

Mine ain't really too ghetto but my turns are on a cronky platform made of old scraps of wood nailed together which I got a builder to knock together for me in exchange for a teaspoon!!!

I've been cutting for months with my mixer rotated 90* CCW so I can cut with the ups because the crossfader was fucked.

At least that's what I thought. I'm embarrassed to admit that I bought a new crossfader whent he only thing wrong with the old one was that I forgot to plug it in after cleaning.... on the plus side I've got a nice new penny and it's slicker than Mark Lamarr's hair

My recording 'booth' is an old chest of draws with one of those stackable plastic boxes on top of it. The mic gets threaded into a handle and jammed in, with a pair of tights stretched over a coathanger taped on. It's height adjustable, we have a choice of four pillows to put under the box. This is in a corner of a room which has a slight alcove. A double bed mattress is dropped over the side to get a 'booth'. hehe.

c

My recording 'booth' is an old chest of draws with one of those stackable plastic boxes on top of it. The mic gets threaded into a handle and jammed in, with a pair of tights stretched over a coathanger taped on. It's height adjustable, we have a choice of four pillows to put under the box. This is in a corner of a room which has a slight alcove. A double bed mattress is dropped over the side to get a 'booth'. hehe.

c

DAYM, that's ghetto!

I bet you've got egg boxes on the wall 'n' shit, too

c

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!!!

props.

c

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!!!

props.

LMFAO that's majorly ghetto.

Me and 2ndHand used to cut on BSR direct drive turntables (£5 each) that we modified with buttons from Tandy. We cut the wire that went to the speaker and that's where the button went, so when you pressed it the sound came on. The turntables were driven by cogs so you couldn't pull them backwards and there was no pitch control or fuck all. lol.

ok so ive got a bog standard desk which omes upto 2/3 of my legs so its pretty small! from left to right on my desk i have my samsung syncmaster 400b monitor which has a massive crack in the top left of the case. infront of the monitor i have my keyboard. i can either have 2 variants 2 turntables then a mixer (i have to use the platter as a mouse pad) or one turntable and a mixer (leaving me space for a normal mouse mat and limited space to actually do some work). my cdj is on my windowledge which is about 30 cms higher. the decks are plugged into my computer through the mic socket so i can only cut when my pc is on and this plays through the 2 sony speakers which dont have any bass on them at all! one of my cart's needles is currently a "S" shape cos my cat jumped on it during a recent skype sesh with vekked i think. i have no line fader caps and the x fader cap is also broken so i have to use the pitch slider from my ttx.