off to see pendulum

Huw

tonight at the uni club here in cunterburberry.

full report later if i can remember it. should be a tiptop night, haven't had fuckall round here really apart from bryan g, nicky blackmarket and that gaylord bradley from s club...

im seeing them at the med bar on the 14th of feb in brum. they're off the hook everytime ive seen them.

i was having the disscussion over whats better between pendulum and a raveology night (if anyone knows what that is)

any thoughts?

well, twas a proper fuckin laugh. queues were over 2 hours long, i got in for free and early due to me knowing the promoter and one of the dj's opening for them. hehe.

pendulum played 12-1, was fucking banging, so many people brocking out. even my girlfriend was raving and she hates dnb or any music not in the charts for that matter.

class night.

mowgli, i've heard of raveology but never been, so i wouldn't know i'm afraid...

even my girlfriend was raving and she hates dnb or any music not in the charts for that matter. 

And that's the part i don't like. The only people that listen to pendulum here are drum and bass wannabe's that don't know loxy, dylan, teebee, grooverider ( just to name a few) but they do know tarantula, so they are real drum and bass heads :( and the other group are ppl that listen to hardtrance and jump-music.

Makes me wonder

even my girlfriend was raving and she hates dnb or any music not in the charts for that matter. 

And that's the part i don't like. The only people that listen to pendulum here are drum and bass wannabe's that don't know loxy, dylan, teebee, grooverider ( just to name a few) but they do know tarantula, so they are real drum and bass heads :( and the other group are ppl that listen to hardtrance and jump-music.

Makes me wonder

ehh, it dooesn't bother me too much. i'd much rather it be busy with loads of people enjoying themselves than just a load of purists who only want to hear the latest soundmurderer dubplate, and who get fucked off when people go mad at slam or whatever. to be honest, most dnb 'heads' are utter cocks, so it's nice to have a change...

I dig...

But still, i personally don't like pendulum. And when i'm spinning there are always ppl asking me, why don't you play drum and bass ( as in voodoo rmx and such) when i have some RH ( or something else that is clearly drum and bass) record on. And that's going the wrong way...

Owel, ppl ask carl cox to play techno too i guess, or at least they did.

Tells more about some ppl then it does about us, doesn't it?

NYE NEC lads...im tellin ya

Andy C fuckin killed it (as always) but I'd never seen him live and although I knew he's the best D'N'B DJ out there I didnt realise how much he stood out until they put his set in between Mampi Swift and Brockie's...Pendulum were alright though,used to love 'Another planet' way back when

NYE NEC lads...im tellin ya

Andy C fuckin killed it (as always) but I'd never seen him live and although I knew he's the best D'N'B DJ out there I didnt realise how much he stood out until they put his set  in between Mampi Swift and Brockie's...Pendulum were alright though,used to love 'Another planet' way back when

slammin vinyl? yeah my mate who lives in evesham went to that, too far for me tho unfortunately.

i've yet to see andy c. he has his own records made as far as i know, all beatmatched so he can concentrate on the mix more. quite a good idea...

Makes me wonder

i think people like pendulum because of the fact that its not exactly pure drum and bass... its kinda taking it the next step. a lot of pure drum and bass is a bit samey these days. i dont think theres been much new for years now

so your right, your gonna get other crowds of people. doesnt make them dickheads coz they dont like drum and bass does it? i doubt they'd claim to be drum and bass heads just coz theyre at a pendulum gig

lol What a load of shit

Grooverider's been one of Pendulums biggest supporters and are you saying he's a wannabe?

People like different things, accept it

lol What a load of shit

Grooverider's been one of Pendulums biggest supporters and are you saying he's a wannabe?

People like different things, accept it

hes saying that ppl who are supposedly "hardcore" dnb fans near him havent heard of grooverider....not that grooverider himself is a wannabe

Makes me wonder

so your right, your gonna get other crowds of people. doesnt make them dickheads coz they dont like drum and bass does it? i doubt they'd claim to be drum and bass heads just coz theyre at a pendulum gig

on point. i doubt anyone there would call themselves dnb 'heads' if they were only into pendulum. there were only a few people that were really into it there, but that didn't really matter, everyone was enjoying themselves so it's all good.

i think people mainly go because it's someone famous. bradley from s club 7 basically old out at the uni as well ffs, and he's a completely fucking untalented shitstain...

@ djdelay and foodstamp

Read right and you will understand it. (btw foodstamp, never heard that one before :/) I did not mean to diss pendulum allthough i'm not a fan of their usual work. I was talking about the scene and how it's evolving in belgium.

ontopic:

I too like varied drum and bass but this was just something i noticed here. I'm not hatin' on pendulum ( not anymore lol). I'll just have to learn to live with the fact that some ppl just go out to have fun. I only go out to hear some good artists at work but then again, i don't drink so if the party isn't what i want it to be it gets boring really really fast lol.

Edited by GiJay