BOOMERANGS, AGAIN! (LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET IT)

jsong56

This is what i read on the dstyles forum...

(hentsix's explanation which he got from dstyles at djs for life, i think?)

---------------------

half chirp back, half chirp fw, tear fw, tear fw, half chirp fw, half chirp back, tear back, tear back... repeat

-----------------------

firstly, i believe this scratch starts on the reverse stroke with fader open?

my question is that if your starting with the fader open and doing a half chirp back, then you do a half chirp forward, at that point you will be finishing on a end of a forward stroke. so how the hell can u do two forward tears from there????

from the above explanation this is how i see it...

starting open fader with the reverse stroke,

pullback, click (ie half a reverse chirp)

forward, click (ie half a normal chirp)

tear back, tear back (2 sounds)

then

forward, click (ie half a normal chirp)

pullback, click (ie half a reverse chirp)

tear forward, tear forward (2 sounds)

repeat

can anyone elaborate?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a joke... it's going on so long now I'm not sure! Isn't "1/2 chirp back 1/2 chirp forward" a... chirp?! Can you actually name a combo? If so I'm patenting about 100 mufukas, you'll all be paying me without realising in 6 months time :p

c

ps I dunno about henstix- seen the pix of him and d styles/dave (supernice fella btw) in the camera pose, but the "JB gets his boomerangs masterclass" was a pic of me with a funny caption relating to funkshitup and was not JB and I didn't ask about boomerang tips (in fact I got a little bit uptight, was hoping to chill, have a smoke chat n cut but it was actually one of the main events with us all on show!)... just thought I'd clear that up incase anyone was unsure! :s

btw what colour's 8 bottles of stella plus 6 glasses of baileys & vodka? ... I'll tell u tomorrow :p

c

thanks for the help so far guys...

still not very clear though :(

half chirp back, half chirp forward...will obviously end up on a forward stroke. so how the hell from there are u supposed to do 2 forward tears (2 sounds).

it dont make sense!

hehe

go forward. stop. go forward. stop.

makes sense to me? ...or maybe it doesn't, is that just one forward tear?

I've just made a scratch up, double time fwd bk fwd dbl time chirp into fwd triplet 3click flare into bk triplet 2click into triplet bk 4 stop tear into fwd 4finger crab into bk-fwd clover tear. I call it the 'maybe i think just a *little* too much about what other people are doing' scratch.

c

...actually, maybe i do anyway, i mean i'm currently teaching myself double time chirp flares- it'd be silly to say this is worth less than what i've just said above, i take that back

(no joke)

c

I wasn't replying to vekked... i dunno if vekked was replying to me either... let's all go into the back garden and spin round 20 times and see who the first person to get to the front garden is, woooo!

c

Guest Vekked
I wasn't replying to vekked... i dunno if vekked was replying to me either... let's all go into the back garden and spin round 20 times and see who the first person to get to the front garden is, woooo!

c

haha, I was jus wondering, I was replying to gaymong specifically.

2tall:

yeh thanks for the file dude, its much appreciated. it did clear up what u was saying.

i think what your saying is different to the explanation that hentsix gave.

he is saying...

half chirp back, half chirp fw, tear fw, tear fw, half chirp fw, half chirp back, tear back, tear back... repeat

where as yours sounds more like a slow clover tear with clicks at the chirp?

btw, vekked, why dont u post some of your 4 click flares and crescent flares over clover tears?

we are all still waiting?

maybe then you will be able to hang with the big boys :)

until then....

could u fuck off?

thanks a mill :)

I think this is it!

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2R2KQMI...JQ3TSTK6MFEV5T1

Its babys all the time with a 2clicker

Count a beat for each baby, do a click on 2 and 3

123 123 123 123

Fbf Bfb Fbf Bfb

Its a hard skratch to get down.

When you can do it - Accent your record hand giving you more dynamics

you can also work your way through a sample like fresh by dong the skratch with your fingers and moving your whole arm forward or back.

Yer get me?

thats as geeky as I get this morning.

fair, well it seems similar anyway to a delayed 2 clicker from your description and the sound too, but you click on the 2nd and 3rd and from what i remember about the 2 clicker is you click on the 1st and 2nd and not the 3rd.. but both of em would prolly end up soundin similar in a contual movement

ive given up tryin to find out what a boomerang anyway.. sall about the triple click flail skratch!

i remember when i first started to chirp but did 2 clicks, like at the middle and end of it so would be impossible to get really fast soundin chirps.. im sure ryan said later that they were boomerangs too... this is partly why i cant be bothered anymore with most these threads with skratches with wierd names.. everyone has different names for the same scratch :s pz