BOOMERANGS, AGAIN! (LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET IT)

jsong56

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um.... am I the only person who thinks this whole thing is ridiculous....?

Just scratch...do your own thing. Fuck a terminology.

banned. :p word I guess... but I'm sooo nerdy... :(

I've seen this same topic multiple times on multiple boards now....its funny to me.

Anyone remember the turbo scratch being dropped on TTNN back in the day....I wish I could still find the archived thread....ahh memories.

It doesn't bother me that people wanna learn how to do a certain scratch so they ask about it. It's the fact that nobody can even provide audio or video of D-Styles actually doing this mythical cut. If you've not even heard or seen the scratch performed, how can you possibly know what it is? lol. At least with the delayed flare, there was audio and eventually people worked it out.

steve,

we had this conversation before, hehe...

if u go to the "cutting session" part of the blt dvd, in the extras section.

right at the very end (dstyles finishes off the q/a session), you'll see dstyles do it with a fresh sample. u can see he is doing babys and double clicking. (like he said on his forum)

just where the double clicks go im not sure, this is what i need to know!!!!

the proper boomerang is very similar to a delayed 2 click flare but sounds very different when done slow. when sped up it sounds pretty much the same as a delayed 2 clicker.

i remember a while back i asked you the same thing and u said that it wasnt the boomerang. u said that boomerangs was the thing that deeswift done on his old electro file. fast transformed babys.

thing is, everyone (well almost everyone, including dstyles) say that the boomerang is the one on the blt dvd right at the end of the cutting session.

me personally, i want to learn it cuz it sounds wicked when done single time. not cuz its a "boomerang" and everyone wants to learn it :)

i remember a while back i asked you the same thing and u said that it wasnt the boomerang. u said that boomerangs was the thing that deeswift done on his old electro file. fast transformed babys.

I didn't say it was anything mate. Ryan said it was the thing Deeswift did in his old practice file which was transformed babies. I've never really thought it was that to be honest cos DJs were doing that 20 years ago.

Guest Vekked

yea, transformed babies are pretty easy... I've been doing them for a while now... but yea, can you get the audio of what jsong's talking about steve? I wanna hear this

steve,

we had this conversation before, hehe...

if u go to the "cutting session" part of the blt dvd, in the extras section.

right at the very end (dstyles finishes off the q/a session), you'll see dstyles do it with a fresh sample. u can see he is doing babys and double clicking. (like he said on his forum)

just where the double clicks go im not sure, this is what i need to know!!!!

the proper boomerang is very similar to a delayed 2 click flare but sounds very different when done slow. when sped up it sounds pretty much the same as a delayed 2 clicker.

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0E4R3KW...PO0Q6TAX4BODF3S

there's the d-styles part of the cutting session that you were talking about. i guess its the part around 20 seconds that is suposed to be the boomerang.

from that audio ugly bones posted, there sounds like a strange pattern with reverse chirps or something in it, sort of like the delayed 2 click... I dunno, sounds like that could be it from the descriptions

If you watch the BLT vid he's just doing chirps with the fader, except he chirps at the start of the sound, then further into it in an alternating pattern (hard to explain unless you watch it!). That audio I posted is me trying to do it. I did it a couple of times on "fresh" earlier and it sounded almost the same as what he was doing. I'll try it again tomorrow and see if I can sort some better audio. I might be way off the mark of course, but he's definitely not doing two clicks of the fader, just one.

word, I can't hear the 2 clicks in his file, but like... it sounds like he's doing a triplet pattern similar to the delayed 2 click, 6 parts in the pattern, but he does a lot of pitching so it's really hard to tell, it'd be easier if I could see the vid, hopefully I'll pick it up soon