Lil Mike's 1 deck Juggles...

Guest Vekked

Guest Vekked

ok, what style of music does he use when he does these? I dunno if it's specifically one genre, but he seems to choose stuff that sounds similar, it's always a really fast tempo so when he cuts it half-time, it sounds about hip-hop speed...

anyone know? there's one he does with a girl singing in it that's super dope... if anyone knows what track that is even, that'd be cool

pz!

i feel like a loser but yeah,

i play it in my gaff all the time...

its so satisfying....

one of my favourite routines ever...

sorry what was that you're after vekker?

I saw him do one with a Swayzak record which resembles nothing described in this thread at all.  :d

disscuss is on the money. however so many people are biting that shit (not a dig at you savage mate, at least you do it at home not in public ;) ) that's its a bit pointless. do something new innit?

By the way i've seen/heard 4 of them, and only one was a dnb track.

1 deck juggle, sounds like my Dire Straights shit.

L O L everyone claims the right to it, he he. What's this dire straits thing anyway?

Btw i dont know why people call them one deck juggle??? they're just live remixes imo, using one deck, one record, one mixer... i dont see how juggling is involved, it's all drumming etc...

PS: Muzz how's that remix gwanin? :8

I did it on that Needlework audio, at the start. I dont claim to have come up with it, I got the idea from having 1deck for a while.

And your right its not juggling but then again I dont really drum with it either. More of just expanding the time sig to half time or a 3/4 triplet feel.

• 3 weeks later...
I saw him do one with a Swayzak record which resembles nothing described in this thread at all.  :d

disscuss is on the money. however so many people are biting that shit (not a dig at you savage mate, at least you do it at home not in public ;) ) that's its a bit pointless. do something new innit?

I disagree.

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing."

-Salvador Dali

I disagree.

-Salvador Dali

fair enough it wasnt a dig or anything, just there seems to be a whole interest towards this type of shit again from people online (which i guess speaks more about online communities then anything else).

i agree with matt tho it's not anything new. I guess with mike the thing was a/ he did it in France mainly where he became famous for it and b/ he brought something 'new' to it and c/ he's fuckin sick on the drums which helps.

anyways yaddi yaddi yadda. good luck to everyone doing their ting!

I disagree.

-Salvador Dali

fair enough it wasnt a dig or anything, just there seems to be a whole interest towards this type of shit again from people online (which i guess speaks more about online communities then anything else).

i agree with matt tho it's not anything new. I guess with mike the thing was a/ he did it in France mainly where he became famous for it and b/ he brought something 'new' to it and c/ he's fuckin sick on the drums which helps.

anyways yaddi yaddi yadda. good luck to everyone doing their ting!

mhm, I dunno, if I'd go about busting a one deck juggle in a routine or anything, I'm definately incorporating aspects of it into my juggles, but I know what kper's talking about, it's been being done since like 2001 or something as far as I know, and other than lil mike adding some nice drumming in it, it's not a whole lot different than it was