reason

rygon

saw a book in whsmith yesterday about using reason. you also get a disc with a few samples on it. £7

may be worth gettin all u reason peeps

good idea

you'll learn to use and understand features faster. then you'll have no trubs selling it on to someone on here, or another likeminded forum.

7 quid - its a steal! - so steal it. whsmith's profit's wont notice another hit . . . . .

true. you can't just fiddle about with it and hope for stuff to work - you need to know what your doing.

ain't that the truth

i started playing with cubase sx the other day - i haven't used cubase or any other pc sequencer for about 6 or 7 years

it was HARD to get even a bassline hooked up through a vst synth playing over a sampled beat

i've downloaded the manuals though now so it should get easier

has anyone used cubase and reason? can you recommend one over the other?

well im using reason but i've never tried cubase.

in my opinion reason is a solid program for producing music. the on screen interface is well layed out and looks great, the subtractor and maelstrom synths are superb, the redrum computer has loadsa good drum patches to play around with. you could get some really professional results out of reason.

however, some people i've spoken to at my college say they much prefer cubase over reason. i guess it's personal preference and which progam you make the better tunes on!

has anyone used cubase and reason? can you recommend one over the other?

they are two completely different programs, so you cannot compare them like for like.

cubase is primarily designed for multitrack audio recording (the traditional studio methodology if there is such a thing anymore) whereas reason relies on you being content with it's sampler drum machines and synths to produce your shit.

true. you can't just fiddle about with it and hope for stuff to work - you need to know what your doing.

not tru for me

wen i first got reason i was sitting in front of my screen like.. ;)

but i jus dove in started figuring out wat every level, knob etc does

eventualy it clicked in my head and now i 'kind of' know wat everything can do

not so much the Matrix sequencer and the Redrum - i always make my own beats with Dr Rex in edit mode..

Edited by Dj Phology

not so much the Matrix sequencer and the Redrum - i always make my own beats with Dr Rex in edit mode..

the matrix sequencer works with the subtractor or the maelstrom. you need a matrix sequencer for each subtractor or maelstrom you create. it basically puts the synth noise on a piano roll so that you can create a melody