Combo Generator

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 ARD

ARD
  • Elite Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:50 AM

This is a program I have made (with help from Sigma & the gang) mainly for scratching beginners (like me)
it is similar to the Asis combo generator idea but it uses real scratch samples
At its most basic it will generate a 1 bar combo using whichever scratches you tell it you can do then leave a bar for you to copy, kind of like qbert diy - then generate a new pattern and continue..
More advanced people can use it to q&a using whichever samples they like, or you can just let it come up with combo's to try and copy

It's far easier to use than explain (honest!)

There are 2 downloads, the 1st is the main program and the 2nd is the sample set (made by Sigma)
The program will do nothing without the samples but it is better to separate the downloads

Program
http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...en/ComboGen.zip

Samples
http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...maSampleSet.zip

Basically, just install both files to the recommended folder (if you install the program somewhere else then you'll also need to install the samples to that folder)
You guys that have been running the earlier versions will need to 'remove' then reinstall
Requires DirectX 8 or later

There will be a second set of samples early next week thanks to Dub Se7en

There are a couple of help files with it if you need help understanding the screen

With Sigma's sample set are 5 config files ranging from 'beginner' to 'expert', these are just to show how you can use and change the ini's to suit your needs
New sample sets can be added by anyone - i haven't done a help file to explain that side of it yet though
NOTE - the scratch samples have been named just as a guide and because they need names, the names may be wrong or you might disagree with them but they are not there to definitively say 'This is scratch xyz'
There's probably some other vital info that i forgot so if there are any q's then let me know
Also if there are any bugs etc then let me know and let me know what you think of it

Cheers - thanks Sig!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

er.......WOW .......that is the fukk bizznizzell of the fershizzell (mouse talk) :)
IPB Image

#22 MrDee

MrDee

OG Mr. D

• Elite Member
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:49 PM

excellent little proggy
should have been done years ago
good work fellas :d

Edited by MrDee, 19 November 2004 - 03:49 PM.

.Shaolin Monkeys.

#23 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • Elite Member
  • 916 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:01 PM

a chap on alienz just asked if it was possible to add extra beats the the prog, so in case anyone here is interested now or later i thought i'd post the answer here too...

it is easy to add your own beats
as long as it is 85 bpm (or you've stretched it to 85bpm) then you can put it in the 85bpm folder and edit the 'ini' file at the top and add extra lines
ie, if your beats were called newbeat.wav and newbeat2.wav
edit the ini(s) and add the lines
beat03=newbeat.wav
beat04=newbeat2.wav
etc

#24 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,426 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:43 PM

I've uploaded Dub's cuts at last (sorry!) and added the link into Sideshow's first post in this thread. Just unzip the file and run the installer and you're done.

#25 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • Elite Member
  • 916 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:22 PM

Nice one Sig.
You should check out dub's set
They are definitely not for the beginner though
And like before, the naming could be wrong for dubs samples
Big thanks to Dub for helping too, cheers mate
If anyone else wants to make a set then let me know if i can help

#26 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,426 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

The program has now been slightly updated. The link is the same as in the original post. All you need to do is download the main program, not the larger sample files. Unzip the file, run the installer and choose the "Repair" option.

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/dv/apps/co...en/ComboGen.zip

#27 Dub-Se7en

Dub-Se7en
  • DV Battle Champ
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:47 PM

cool, i've decided my cuts sound too agressive for the beat i've used, but with the beat you've included they're spot on....

#28 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,426 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Sometimes your cuts sound a little too artificial Dub. It's not you obviously - it's just what the program does with them.

#29 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • Elite Member
  • 916 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:12 AM

yeah, probably my fault
i think it's maybe cos with sigmas he did the same scratch a few times and i tried each one to get the one that looped the best
your set sounds good though dub, without a doubt

#30 Dub-Se7en

Dub-Se7en
  • DV Battle Champ
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:45 PM

if you want i can redo them and instead of me chopping them up i can send you the file so you can hear them properly...

#31 Dub-Se7en

Dub-Se7en
  • DV Battle Champ
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:46 PM

Sometimes your cuts sound a little too artificial Dub. It's not you obviously - it's just what the program does with them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i noticed they don't flow like yours. maybe there's too much techy stuff and not enough basics?

#32 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • Elite Member
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:00 PM

i think the basics help with flow
i think they sound good though dub - if you want to do some more samples though then i'm happy to do the chopping up again for you
i think the fact i could choose from several repeats with sigma's probably helped

#33 Banano

Banano
  • Elite Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:14 PM

I'm really liking this - well done! :shades_smile:

#34 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • Elite Member
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:46 PM

cheers, glad you like it

#35 Dub-Se7en

Dub-Se7en
  • DV Battle Champ
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:24 PM

ok i'll knock up some more cuts and send the file over soon.

#36 Dub-Se7en

Dub-Se7en
  • DV Battle Champ
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:43 PM

right i've knocked up another sample file. it's in wave format and it's winging it's way to your gmail account

#37 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,426 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:45 PM

Knock up a new track with cuts on it while you're at it Dub. It's about time we heard one from you.

#38 Dub-Se7en

Dub-Se7en
  • DV Battle Champ
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:49 PM

sooon stevee, soon. i'm crap at making all scratched tracks.

i'm gonna have to yousendit this file cos gmail is being a twat. keeps saying there's been an error and to retry in a few minutes.

#39 Steve

Steve

Je suis Charlie

• Team DV
  • 39,426 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:50 PM

Well it doesn't have to be all scratched mate. You can put beats together man. Just cut up some sentences and shit. DO IT!

#40 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • Elite Member
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:03 PM

nice one dub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users