Emulation

badmuthafunster

Anyone here emulate? Ive got something like 5000 arcade games/console roms and i'm always looking for hidden gems of yesteryear.

i'm playing through Silent Scope on the GBA (my god those headshots are impossible when the screen is about the size of a credit card and the boss is waving at you from half a mile away on a moving boat. *sigh*)

Also peep www.the-underdogs.org for the best abandonware and freeware, ye need never pay for a game again!

I bust out the odd emulator. I used to be really anal about keeping my MAME Rom set updated. I gave up at about 0.98. My latest emulation platform is my PSP - SNES emulation is coming along really nicely on that.

i'm playing through Silent Scope on the GBA (my god those headshots are impossible when the screen is about the size of a credit card and the boss is waving at you from half a mile away on a moving boat. *sigh*)

:((

I've got a fair few MAME roms, but I ain't played them in ages.

My latest emulation platform is my PSP - SNES emulation is coming along really nicely on that.

Yeah, me mates are emulating on the PSP. Wireless networking emulators is the way forward. few years off maybe.

If anyone needs GBARoms without bittorrenting a whole heap of crappy games check http://www.romsparagba.com Its speedy, its italian and is low on bullshit. Get thee a copy of Mario Tenis Power Tour. Essential. Better than Mario Golf. ;)

have they cracked the ds yet for mouse control of the touch screen?

naa, there are other ds problems as well such as sorting out the tilt mechanism and the microphone/harmonica thing. Been playin alota DS at work and its very much underrated. Metroid Prime Hunters is superb.

also find a pink DS, buy it then sell it on ebay for £160+. I found out they were rare today and found work has sold them all! gutted. :((

• 2 weeks later...
anyone play the game "Pandemonium"?  It was on the sega saturn.  I used to play it at my cousins, it's 3d, but there is sort of a set track that your guy runs on.  It's a pretty sweet oldie, but I havent been able to find it.  If anyone has a copy or knows where to get it post up, its an addictive game.

I had it on PSX. It was alright, bit of a poor mans Crash Bandicoot -a 2D platformer masquerading as 3D. I seem to remember that I finished it but I can't remember.

Here's a trrnt for the PSX ISO. 78.02MB. You'll need a PSX emulator.

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=27H20NY...TF25U4EW993QL6B

would anyone recommend a psp? i like the thought of getting one as my music/films occasional games all-in-one.

what do you reckon?

Hmmm...yes and no. It literally is a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. It's too big to be an mp3 player. UMDs aren't exactly cheap, and you'll need a large mem stick if you want to encode your own video. The screen is fucking niiiiice though. But the biggest problem I find is the lack of storage space. That's why I end up watching more vids on my iPod than my PSP - I just encode a whole bunch of stuff and stick it on the pod. That way it's always there whenever I need it. With the PSP, you have to choose a few vids, load em up, and take em with you. But then it leaves no room for other stuff on your PSP.

Battery life ain't too hot either, but then no portable video players have decent battery life. The games are getting better and better though. Right now I'm hooked on NBA Live 06, doing all the superstar challenges. Before that, it was Virtua Tennis, Ridge Racer, Lumines and Everybody's Golf. I'm still deciding if I want to do the whole upgrade/downgrade firmware just to play GTA:LCS.

would anyone recommend a psp?

yes!

it's great. got mine on sunday, the screen is very sharp and the games are smooth, ridge racer is great as is GTA and wipeout. they only thing i haven't done yet, is use the wi fi. you can now get a 4GB hard drive for it too (150 notes tho) 3 people have got one since playing mine and my mate has sold his DS and got one.

anyone have a turbografx one? there might be a 16 or something, we used to have one but my parents gave it to my cousins and they lost it X- |    things have never been the same....

off topic but is that some of "seen"s stuff in your sig. steve?

There's a good PC Engine / TurboGrafx emu on the PSP.