Has anyone purchased an XBOX 360 yet?

iexist

So there's all these stories of shortages circulating around the gaming forums. Seems like Microsoft might be artificially creating a shortage, so as to increase demand when the next (much bigger) shipment goes out right before Christmas.

Or it could actually be a true shortage, due to the worldwide release all happening withing a week and a half. UK and Europe are due to see it released on 2nd Dec, but apparently if you didn't preorder early (we're talking like back in July) you aren't getting one at launch.

This might back fire on Microsoft, as they might end up losing out on a lot of impulse purchases while the media hype is at it's strongest. I'm one of those who's kinda sitting on the fence right now. But knowing me, if I walked into a store on launch day or soon after, and I see one for sale, I could easily be tempted into picking one up, just based on the hype and excitement alone.

But yeah, back on topic... any American posters on here got one yet?

Whilst i havn't purchased one, we do have one at work (as a demonstration ting). The crispness of the graphics when viewed on a HD tv is spooky. Call of Duty 2 is the game to buy if you like shooting stuff and PG3 if you like to drive things. the rest of the games are a bit dull.

if you have a HD tv or a big flashy monitor, i'd buy a 360.

Whilst i havn't purchased one, we do have one at work (as a demonstration ting). The crispness of the graphics when viewed on a HD tv is spooky. Call of Duty 2 is the game to buy if you like shooting stuff and PG3 if you like to drive things. the rest of the games are a bit dull.

if you have a HD tv or a big flashy monitor, i'd buy a 360.

Call of Duty almost makes me want to buy an xbox 360, almost, however, patience is virtue and hopefully, the PS3 will blow the xbox out of the water.

There's predictions going around that the XBox360 is going to go the way of the Dreamcast. People were waiting for the PS2 when the Dreamast was released, based on rumours that the PS2 would stomp all over the Dreamcast (it didn't, IMO - the DC isn't that much techinically inferior to the PS2)

And now, people are waiting for the PS3 over getting an X360 now, because the PS3 is supposedly much more powerful.

I'll probably end up getting both eventually. The one I get first will be based on whichever one get hacked first :p (Let's face it, how many of us got Dreamcasts as soon as the boot disc got released? I did. ANd then I got a PS2 only when I could get it modded. Then there was the PSP, which I got not long after the first iso launchers got released. Yarrrrrr!!!111)

Im going to get the nintendo one.... N64 bitches.

No but really im actually considering buying as many ps3's as I can with me and a couple of friends then selling them on ebay and buying one with the profits or just keeping the money.

There's predictions going around that the XBox360 is going to go the way of the Dreamcast. People were waiting for the PS2 when the Dreamast was released, based on rumours that the PS2 would stomp all over the Dreamcast (it didn't, IMO - the DC isn't that much techinically inferior to the PS2)

And now, people are waiting for the PS3 over getting an X360 now, because the PS3 is supposedly much more powerful.

I'll probably end up getting both eventually. The one I get first will be based on whichever one get hacked first :p (Let's face it, how many of us got Dreamcasts as soon as the boot disc got released? I did. ANd then I got a PS2 only when I could get it modded. Then there was the PSP, which I got not long after the first iso launchers got released. Yarrrrrr!!!111)

Well not everyone is a dentist Chee! lol

think I'm gonna wait for PS3... possibly revolution tho....

If the 360 was COMPLETELY backwards compatable AND if they didn't charge for online gaming then I'd be down.... but also looks like the first set of games are gonna suck and seems to be just a handful of em--looks like everyone is backing PS3.... The only game that I even want on 360 that will not be available on PS3 is PERFECT DARK! ....also was stupid of them to not ship all 360s with the harddrive.

Also, you never want to get the first version of a platform... My friend had the v1.1 xbox and it crashed as soon as the warranty ran out.... also usually couldn't mod it b/c gen 1 xbox was missing some chip-contact points.... :s

Edited by djdiggla

i want a revolution

check this shit out

http://www.nintendo.com/pop_video.vm?url=/...=400&height=420

seems like the way forward for games for me - i mean u can make graphics better all u like but its still gonna be same old halo in the end

(plus itll have zelda haha)

seems like a good idea but Nintendo seems to be going for that wholesome family fun shit. I mean thats cool but I want the nintendo that released great hits and not fucken all mario or donley kong party games. Thats what driven me away from nintendo. Before you use to be able to buy there excellent games and other peoples games, but just from this commercial it seems as though theyre going to go that family party way, which is crap too me. I mean its cool that they do this but damn.. this is probably going to mean no 3rd party support on games, which equals me waiting a few years till its like under $100 so i can play whatever zelda game comes out on it. Damn it seems as though the ps3 is the way to go. i guess we'll just have to wait and see

yeah nintendo is on a whole nother trip! real origional but are pretty fam¥oriented... revolution looks cool tho and you can download ALL the past games ... that:s like 20plus years of memories (to be cheasy) but... also hard not to want one just b/c most of revolutions games will forsure not be available on any other platform...

I just this nintendo player looks like a smaller ps3 it's dope.Nintendo will never be forgotten they just coming up wit more stuff it's crazy.