openning up a 05pro crossfader (alps)

Oh man its been a while since i've opened one of these. If i recall, there's a two things you have to get through. On the side, there's a piece of PCB. I can't remember if it's behind a metal plate or not. Anyway, you've gotta bend that piece of PCV away from the fader body, making sure not to break it off the base PCB. Then you're set. When you're done with the fader, bend the piece back into place, being careful not to snap it.

• 4 weeks later...

desodder the little prongs on the side that has no electronics running through it and pinch the pins on the side walls with needlenose plyers... then get some alchohol and pour it on the back to clean that shit... then spray silicon spray on the back where the prongs touch the black lines.... if you want you can pull the backside of the fader off a little bit and bend the prongs back a bit to get an even lighter fader... but i like a lil bit of resistance. when your done snap it all back together and taper her up...

and

if you dont want your alps... sell it to me

oh yeah... and i just rip off those metal dust guards... thier not really that helpful seenin as how most dust gets in through the top. and thier a hassle to get through everytime you wanna clean your clickstick

Edited by NAJROCK