cuttin with yah eyes closed!

DeriveOne

I was cuttin just a little while ago and I was like...hmm...I wonder what it would be like if I went blind, and I had to scratch without seeing? so I tryed it, and I scratched for like an hour with my eyes closed

it's really dope because nothing distracts you, and I can visualize the sound I'm scratching in my mind, and I try to watch the manipulation of the sound as I do it.......it's like it's just you, and the music

I challenge you guys to try it sometime...

Yeah I dig that too. Its like lettin go and scratchin from the soul. I like it. It helps me concetrate on getting daily BS off my chest from scratching. I really feel well cleansed after a good eyes closed session. Like meditation. As far as seeing the sounds in my mind, thats right on. I can visualize my scratches in a million shapes and colors. TTM also kinda gives a refrence when trying to picture my scratches.

EMOTIONAL scatchin is the new school beeatches!

Now I am going cry.

Yeah I dig that too. Its like lettin go and scratchin from the soul. I like it. It helps me concetrate on getting daily BS off my chest from scratching. I really feel well cleansed after a good eyes closed session. Like meditation. As far as seeing the sounds in my mind, thats right on. I can visualize my scratches in a million shapes and colors. TTM also kinda gives a refrence when trying to picture my scratches.

EMOTIONAL scatchin is the new school beeatches!

Now I am going cry.

shit man, now IM gonna cry..

"i'm not crying, youre crying" :'(

I think its some good training. I always used to cut without watching what I do.

But I cut with eyes clode I have the feeling that I´m gonna fall every second.

Sounds like you have a case of Digital Vetrigo. You dont have to close your eyes. Just kinda stare off. You can use a refrence point on the wall, just dont look at your records. I like to get all spiritual in that shit and loose my mind, but to each his own, good practice for sure.

that's because you were using mostly, your right side of the brain and it's functions, basically just think of the right said as the artsy one, an when your in artsy mode, time flies by, however your left side of the brain theone that is used most of the time, is the analytical. just think of it being more exact and crap and when in that mode, time seems longer, because you're noticing everything that's going on

Yeah definitely. Cutting with the lights off or your eyes closed is a perfect way to develop Hand-Ear Coordination. Then you aren't paying attention to how you're moving the record and the fader, only on the sound you're producing.

its kinda like riding your bike with no hands...

at first you're thinking..man my shit is gonna be all over the place...but its never really that bad once you try it...before you know it ...it comes naturally...

plus I think anything that helps you relax while you're playing also helps your ability to flow too... with whatever your playing...

I was just saying that to 2ndHand. I was cutting for an hour or so this morning and crazy patterns were coming off that I hadn't done before. I started recording some of it to post up and it all went wrong. It happens to me a lot. I think I concentrate too hard instead of just relaxing.

I was just saying that to 2ndHand. I was cutting for an hour or so this morning and crazy patterns were coming off that I hadn't done before. I started recording some of it to post up and it all went wrong. It happens to me a lot. I think I concentrate too hard instead of just relaxing.

that problem is the ONLY reason i never posted files on the Stanton board... i dont give it power over me anymore and refuse to warm up without the recorder running now.

I was cuttin just a little while ago and I was like...hmm...I wonder what it would be like if I went blind, and I had to scratch without seeing? so I tryed it, and I scratched for like an hour with my eyes closed

it's really dope because nothing distracts you, and I can visualize the sound I'm scratching in my mind, and I try to watch the manipulation of the sound as I do it.......it's like it's just you, and the music

I challenge you guys to try it sometime...

...that reminds me of witty from the Stanton boards. dood was straight blind and trying to learn beat juggling via sticker labels and such... wouldnt shock me one bit. is this the official post a closed eye file bitches thread?

Witty? Where are you mate!!!

Edited by David iLL