2,000,000 for a beat...

haych3

someone should boycott that shit.

you can't hate a lable for wanting to put that much up, the neptunes are laughing their ass off the bank on a daily basis, marketing has such an influence on people that you can sell anything now if you market it well to the herds of robots, so this really is actually small change to certain labels in terms of returns.

i would laugh if there was some kind of boycott on it so the label ran short and had to termiate contracts, might point out that this kind of CASH CASH CASH CASH behaviour is pathetic.

Wait. I think this is crazy. Buts its a dream come true for neptunes. They are living the dream that every producer would want. We are all striving to make something of ourselves through creating music. As sad as it is, popular measure of progression is cash. How much is our music worth? How far have we come as artists? Hard to say unless you try and logically measure it with money. If someone offered you 2 mil for one of your beats would turn them down? We should congratualate this guy for hustlen his ass off, and use it as inspiration and set ourselves a higher goal. Good job to the neptunes. Congrats to NAS for accumulating enough cash to to spend on the actual "songwriters." I think its ridiculous that someone would spend that on a beat, or a piece of art. It happends all the time. There is not much in this world that I dont think is ridiculous.

Yup It's for real The Neptunes were getting a easy 1 million a beat when they work was popular.

There so many Producers that make better shit then them.And for half less in the price if not more.

Wait. I think this is crazy. Buts its a dream come true for neptunes. They are living the dream that every producer would want. We are all striving to make something of ourselves through creating music. As sad as it is, popular measure of progression is cash. How much is our music worth? How far have we come as artists? Hard to say unless you try and logically measure it with money. If someone offered you 2 mil for one of your beats would turn them down? We should congratualate this guy for hustlen his ass off, and use it as inspiration and set ourselves a higher goal. Good job to the neptunes. Congrats to NAS for accumulating enough cash to to spend on the actual "songwriters." I think its ridiculous that someone would spend that on a beat, or a piece of art. It happends all the time. There is not much in this world that I dont think is ridiculous.

That is exactly the kind of attitude that has the world in the fucked up condition that it's in today :(

That is exactly the kind of attitude that has the world in the fucked up condition that it's in today :(

Your attidtude is the exact reason that so many artist are broke and starving, and get no recognition until they die.

The idea that some kind of super-beat could exist is pretty hillarious, one that'd force people to dance uncontrollably in the street and stuff.  Kind of like the joke weapon from monty python.

:(( so true....

I'm working on a beat that will make people shit themselves uncontrollably... I'm going to let Jedi Mind Tricks, Necro & Dead Prez bid on it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

you can't hate a lable for wanting to put that much up, the neptunes are laughing their ass off the bank on a daily basis, marketing has such an influence on people that you can sell anything now if you market it well to the herds of robots, so this really is actually small change to certain labels in terms of returns.

i would laugh if there was some kind of boycott on it so the label ran short and had to termiate contracts, might point out that this kind of CASH CASH CASH CASH behaviour is pathetic.

What if it really was a dope tune and you wanted to buy doubles of it?

What if it really was a dope tune and you wanted to buy doubles of it?

lol!

I dont know if im for or against this kind of stuff. Its right- musicians should get paid well for their music, but if money's all they are interested in.... not the chance that the music may be good, a filler on the world's radio shows for a month or two, thats a no-no in my books

My attitude is that cash shouldn't be a bottom line justification for everything.  Money is not that rewarding to people who have a lot of it.  This kind of polarisation makes life slightly easier for the super rich and a lot more dificult for the poor.   People like you make me sad. :(

Why do people have such a problem seperating business and pleasure? Keep your music close to you and dont jepordize your creativity for any reasons? There is nothing wrong with making money off of the commercial bitches in the mean time. Pay your bills with business and pay your soul with your personal life. If I made a million dollars for 1 comercial beat...Well that would be alot of funding for my underground personal art. Right!? Yall continue starving and beig broke. While I strive to make money and keep my personal arts seperate.