iemerges 05 routine

jsong56

hey i saw a clip of merges 05 routine done at crazes studio. its fucking sick!!!!

maybe if he pulled it off like he did in that clip he wouldnt have got so much critisism??????????????!!!!!

iemerge didnt ask to win, he just done his thing and the judges put him through.

i feel sorry for the guy for copping so much shit.

in hindsight i think merges routine killed pfel and izohs. its just a shame that merge didnt pull it off like in the clip at crazes crib.

anyone seen the clip at crazes crib agree?

yeh thats fuckt up. ive been out of the scene for a few mths so im just catching up on the news. but hearing that merge got booed for winning really made me feel bad for the guy.

shit, the dude had the balls to defend his title (which is probably harder than winning the thing in the first place), won, and then got booed? shit thats fuckt.

he didnt ask to win, fair enough he didnt bring the heat on the day but his routine still tops pfel and izohs fo sho. i thought the same as most, "pfel shoulda won, blah blah blah" but then when i saw a clip of merges routine at crazes crib i realised why the judges put merge through.

like i said, his routine was off beat and sounded a wreck on the day, but put his routine up against any of the other competitors simply for what the routine was, he would of eaten them all.

IMO merge shouldn't have won his first world title. Rafik set was so much more divers, and technically he's better too. But merges routine in 2004 was his best set until then. Didn't like his 2005 set that much as his 2004 routine. But that's just a matter of opinion. And to me Pfel should have won this year. And the booing was more like towards the judging I assume...but anyways, battling to me, isen't that important anymore. But it takes a lot of guts to step up and do your routine in front of a crowd.

That's like saying he could totally FUBAR a set but claim he can do it perfect at home on his own gear and thus win. If you judge based on how you could pull the routine off, maybe DMC should be video submission only, with no crowd. As Steve says, it has to be the set a competitor throws down on the night, under pressure in front of a big crowd. Level playing field and all that.

Exactly. Was it 2000 when Plus1 dropped that completely fucked up DMC set? That's a sick routine but Plus1 admitted himself he could only pull it off like 1 in every 5 times. You can't take the title with something that you can't pull off on the night.

As for Merge the best shit he's ever done was the first year he was in ITF. He absolutely smacked it, but he just hasn't done much to impress me since then.

I know its not nice being booed when you win something, but at the same time, if people think that he shouldnt have won then they should let their feelings be known. It would almost be worst to clap and not mean it. To be honest, i've only seen his set from this years six minutes, and although i havent seen the other competitiion, i think there HAS to be a routine that was better then that...the first near 2 mins are terrible...

yeh thats fuckt up. ive been out of the scene for a few mths so im just catching up on the news. but hearing that merge got booed for winning really made me feel bad for the guy.

shit, the dude had the balls to defend his title (which is probably harder than winning the thing in the first place), won, and then got booed? shit thats fuckt.

he didnt ask to win, fair enough he didnt bring the heat on the day but his routine still tops pfel and izohs fo sho. i thought the same as most, "pfel shoulda won, blah blah blah" but then when i saw a clip of merges routine at crazes crib i realised why the judges put merge through.

like i said, his routine was off beat and sounded a wreck on the day, but put his routine up against any of the other competitors simply for what the routine was, he would of eaten them all.

so have you seen pfel and izoh do their routine at home until they execute it once perfect and post it on the net?

it's similar to that Vajra video that's around, it's a sick video/routine no doubt, and lots of people were saying he should've made it to the world dmc's and possibly should have won, but the thing is, he pulled that off in the comfort of his hotel room, and apparently wasn't as clean the day of...

I bet pfel and izoh could've both nailed their routines harder than they did too.

plus, regardless I thought pfel and izoh's routine were more innovative than i-emerges... sure it's a dope routine, but it's nothing we haven't seen before is it? at least izoh and pfel put a bit of a twist on things...

pz!

that like saying england should have won the world cup 10 times already coz they play well enough in training.lol

merge isnt even that tech,i could juggle those patterns after djing for 10 years and using my own pressed shit that i know every tiny part of.

18 year old ill-tracks is better than merge in my opinion,or at least he will be in a year or two.

he took merge's guitar centre title off of him.

izoh came with some nice shit like the linkin park juggle,

and pfel was nice ,original ,clean and musical.

and whats the dilly with the terrorist beat thingy?? i thought that

bit was gay,thought he was gonna do a body spin fader manouver.

i think i-merge won because of the innovation he presented. the other two were a bit run-of-the-mill. i reckon

Dont you ever call pfel run of the mill again

seconded... lol

who cares anyway, it's done with. he won, let's all move on. I've heard a new track of his on the new Neil Armstrong CD and it's fukin lovely, glitchy styles.

Also booing wise - people werent booing merge, thye were booing the decision, as they always do at DMCs... i think people like merge who've entered repeatedly know that, people are hardly gonna hate on dude... however tony and DMC... well that's another matter...

yeh u are all right..

maybe i should say then, its a shame that merge didnt pull his set off clean cuz if he did i think he would have one fair and square.

i guess its right to say the best dj on the night should win, and that dj isnt always the one with the best set.

i think merge had the best and most tech set on the night, pfel had a nice set but pulled it off alot better.

either way i feel really bad for the guy.

his 2005 title will be known as the yr that "the dude got booed"

Exactly. Was it 2000 when Plus1 dropped that completely fucked up DMC set? That's a sick routine but Plus1 admitted himself he could only pull it off like 1 in every 5 times. You can't take the title with something that you can't pull off on the night.

As for Merge the best shit he's ever done was the first year he was in ITF. He absolutely smacked it, but he just hasn't done much to impress me since then.

yeah it was all outta time. klever shoudda won that year....

EDIT: it was 2001

yeah it was all outta time. klever shoudda won that year....

EDIT: it was 2001

dayum... 2001 was so heat... I didn't really like plus one's routine, but apparently a lot of stuff he did was sort of new and creative though... I find it hard to judge how creative old sets are when I've seen everyone bite stuff and improve on it years afterwards

pz!

Merge's set on video was dope, except some parts were still not following in time, but I agree if he pulled it off like he did at Craze's place. I can't expect too many to say much.

2001 was dope. Plus One has been one of the very few to do a feedback set and it didn't sound like complete nonesense. It wasn't the greatest to the ears but it was definately better. Though, that section wasn't my favorite but his "Number One" juggle was bananas! Klever had the cleanest and best flowing set, though. I think that was definately a tough year. ::shrugs::. Klever does deserve a DMC Word Title though.

hey dudes, for some reason i can't watch this. Any chance of someone usendingit or something? Really wanna check this out

Just go to the DMC website and you can watch them streamed.HERE