3 essential Winamp plug-ins

Steve

Winamp_Plugins.zip

The zip contains the following: -

MP3SPLICE - If a mixtape is ripped as separate tracks, use this to play it back without gaps. It works with any kind of MP3, not just LAME encoded ones.

MPC PLUG-IN - Install this to play MPC files in Winamp.

MP3CUE - Enables you to use a CUE sheet to play a single MP3 as if it were separate tracks.

These are pretty much the only plug-ins I use.

the mp3splice plugin won't work on mine. i still get gaps in between. I also have another plugin for cue files: This one. You can just double click the cue sheet and it will play the mp3 and splice the titles up in the normal playlist editor, so you can use the modern winamp skins as well. mp3cue also set my markers off by a couple seconds. Cue player is more accurate.

Have you selected mp3splice as your output plug-in? I've yet to find any files it won't play without gaps man.

Cheers for the other cue plug-in too. I'll take a look at that now, although again mp3cue has worked fine for me up to now.

I tried the cue plug-in. It gives me the same problem as mp3cue gives you - the start of each track is 2 seconds too early. That's down to the contents of the cue sheet itself and the way each plug-in handles them, for example: -

TRACK 06 AUDIO
   TITLE "4D Scratch Break"
   PERFORMER "Sigma"
   FLAGS DCP
   INDEX 01 16:07:60

That's how each entry looks in cue sheets that I make. That will work perfectly with mp3cue, but not with the other plugin. You would need to add INDEX 00 entries for each cue point for it to properly work with the plug-in you posted.

actually, all cue sheets I've done have Index 00 and Index 01 markers but I always use the same figures for both. I always overwrite some cue sheet and the first I got was one with Index 00 and 01.

I'll try my luck with mp3splice again when I get home tonite.

You can use both plug-ins man cos they don't conflict.

Having INDEX 00 and INDEX 01 set to the same time is pointless. A CD player starts playing from INDEX 01. The time between INDEX 00 and INDEX 01 is known as the pre-gap. If that's set to 0 then it might as well not exist.

The minimum code you need to create a CUE sheet is this: -

FILE "blah.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 05:25:00

etc.