Online radio station

Steve

We're thinking of maybe doing a weekly DV radio show. It wouldn't be in competition with Turntable Radio or Dark FM - we'd let different members do a show once a week or something and play whatever they want. It would be more for a laugh than anything else.

How do you go about setting something like this up? Also, how would you record the broadcasts to archive them?

Steve, I know a fair bit about this area, if you want a good chat about it you can catch me on Skype or msn after around 5:30pm (ish)

There's a list of various alternatives and shit in ways it can be managed (not sure if your suggesting a pre-recorded show each week like TurntableRadio or live broadcasts).

The technology involved can be fairly demanding on bandwidth (obviously depending on number or listeners and quality of the stream) therefore running you own steaming server is often more costly for a small 'station' rather that buy in the service elsewhere. Again I can talk more figures and shit after work on msn/skype.

I can't be bothered to write load of info now, maybe catch you in a bit ;)