Producers?

question for all the producers here on DV.....beat battle?? ill spot the sample,you make your own kits,bass, etc. no extra samples used,only the one i givin to you. i just like beat battles to see how many different ways people flip the sample. let me know!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift
question for all the producers here on DV.....beat battle?? ill spot the sample,you make your own kits,bass, etc. no extra samples used,only the one i givin to you. i just like beat battles to see how many different ways people flip the sample. let me know!

Maybe it'd be better if someone from outside the battle provided the samples? I think that'd be more fair. Maybe you've been working with the samples you intend to give to the other contestants for like a year or something? Having someone else provide the samples gives everyone a fair chance and an equal amount of time to work on their beat. One member should post a beat featuring live drums, then you guys chop it up and make the best thing you can from it.

Guest Deeswift
word man!! no doubt, that'd work. hopefully more people will get on this. D? you got any fresh samples you could supply?!?! haha.

Yeah, no doubt. Shall I hunt something out and post up a few possibilities?

Guest Deeswift

OK, how's this: 45 second clip of Dennis Chambers. It's from a drum tuition video called In The Pocket. Is this too long? I dunno, I'll post more up if this is not acceptable. Basically though it's just a raw kit, a simple beat. Should be easy enough to isolate the individual hits.

Format is .wav to keep the quality high. 7.27 MB. I'll upload it to several places cause I know people have trouble with RapidShare.

http://rapidshare.de/files/4186179/Dennis.Chambers.wav.html

YouSendIt link: http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0UQBMYB...IM1XE9FC48UW64B

Guest Deeswift

OK, cool. I didn't wanna post anything that has lots of effects, just basic sounds that can be effected later. As I said, if it ain't suitable, I'll post something else.

Guest Vekked

i imagine we all get one melody sample to work with, guitar, piano, or something like that, and we have to chop it and make the most of it right? i've never been in a beat battle, but i've seen them on other forums before, i think that's how they generally work... flip flop?

pz!

EDIT: i'm feeling those drums tho dee, i can work with those defo

Guest Deeswift

BTW, if anyone has an idea for a melody then post it up. I have loads of things, but it'd be cool to have different people pick the pieces. That's if the plan of action is to use a melody. I thought it was just beat flipping, but whatever.

oh yea D....when you post up the sample song,could you make one of the d/l's mp3? haha that is if its gonna be a whole song. i got 56k,im not tryin to wait a long time for a sample haha.ill just convert it to wav. when i chop it(even though its not gonna make the quality better since you had already encoded it to mp3).