NEW DV WALLPAPER

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift

Here's a new wallpaper I just made. I made 3 different sizes, all are in proper 4:3 ratio. Clicking the pic below will give you a look at the 1280 X 960 version.

It looks real shit when small, btw. Click it.

post-5-1123118735_thumb.png

1024 X 768

1280 X 960

1600 X 1200

Some random info:

Your monitor should be set at the correct aspect ratio. Many people run their monitor at the max resolution (which isn't guaranteed to be a 4:3 ratio), not realizing that everything is being stretched. The sizes of the wallpaper should give you a clue of how your resolution should be. 1600 X 1200 is good for 19" monitors or larger. 1280 X 960 is good for 17" monitors. 1024 X 768 is OK for people running their 17" monitor at this resolution or using a 15" monitor. If you run your screen at a lower resolution than 1024 X 768 you're just a cheapskate who needs to upgrade A.S.A.P., or you're blind!

I presume all of you know how to set your resolution. If not, right-click your desktop, select Properties, Settings (tab), and move the slider accordingly. Additionally, if you're using Windows XP, make sure the Color quality is set to "Highest (32 bit)".

I'm not sure how well this wallpaper would suit the regular Windows XP (blue) theme. The silver theme would look fine because it contains bits of red in places and is neutral. Alternatively, you could try using the Black XP theme that many of us here are using. Here's a link to download it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03PP5X8D

And last but not least, you can only use this theme if your uxtheme.dll is patched. If it isn't, see here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707

EDIT: Oh by the way, this wallpaper was created for my own desktop which has the taskbar on the left-hand side of the screen. It doesn't really mattter much but bear in mind that if you have your taskbizzle along the bottom, you're gonna cover part of the picture. If you do wanna move it, right-click it, then deselect "Unlock the taskbar", and drag it over to the left-hand side. You can also have it auto-hide so you see the entire desktop and it only appears when you move your mouse cursor over it. To do this, right-click the taskbar, select Properties, and check the box for "Auto-hide".

The aspect ratio is simple to work out. You divide the number on the left by 4 and the number on the right by 3 (as in a 4:3 ratio). You should get the same result. For example, with a 1024x768 resolution: -

1024 / 4 = 256

768 / 3 = 256

The same is true of all the resolutions Dee mentioned.

Some of the choices you have for screen resolutions are not 4:3, for example on my monitor I have 1280x720 as an option which is a 16:9 ratio used for widescreen. My monitor isn't widescreen, so if I choose that setting, it stretches images making them appear taller than they are.

Guest Deeswift

I'm thinking this would be good on some slipmats, so I was considering getting some printed up. It'd just need a slight change of the design.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont like the old woman.

i dont like the concept of people photoshopped to look like they are a dj of some description!!!

someone posted up a pic of tshirt with a design that showed john lennon at some turntables. i didnt like that either!!!

Guest Deeswift
i dont like the old woman.

i dont like the concept of people photoshopped to look like they are a dj of some description!!!

someone posted up a pic of tshirt with a design that showed john lennon at some turntables. i didnt like that either!!!

Me neither, but this is a real pic, I guess she was an old radio DJ or something.