What kinds of audio cables do you use?

Max

I normally use my regular RCA cables, but ever since I got my tascam mixer, i've been wanting to try out XLR cables. Except they're so damn expensive! Which ones do you use? And is there really that big of a dif?

earthed?? haha you mean grounded?

yeh same thing

i dont think they make much difference if your using them at home...when playing out they will (dont they stop magnetic interferance)

ive been lookin at speaker wire...the price difference between them is huge...reckon i'll go for the 99p metre stuff

• 2 weeks later...

If you have an balenced PA amp or are connecting to a studio console, that's where XLRs are better - They're balanced, which cuts down on noise. I usually use a balanced connection when recording/playing out. Otherwise, just use the RCA outs. the cables are about the same over here. Monster cable makes a good XLR-TRS cable for $20.00 american. Pro Sound & Stage Lighting will ship to foreign addresses. find them at: www.pssl.com/

I hope this can help. If not, you can build your own from parts at Radioshack. you'll need 2 XLR Female, 2 RDA or 2 1/4" plugs and whatever length of cable you need. Get microphone cable if possible. Or get two prebuilt mic cables. Cut off the male XLRs and replace them with RCA or 1/4" plugs. wire the red wire to the tip of the new plug. white to the sleeveand the bare/green/ground to the sleeve. (if unbalenced at the amp end) or xlr1 to sleeve of TRS, xlr 2 to the tip and xlr 3 t othe ring of the TRS (1/4") plug

Is your name seriously DJ Scrizzle? What do people call you when they want to add a "izzle" to the end of your name? DJ Scrizz-izzl mah nizzle? Or is it Scrizzle-izzl?

Edited by DJStickey