Ok i tried a cdx

Clownstyle

I made a journey to HTFR the other day which luckily is not too far from where i live. ANYWAAYS

I went upstairs just to take a look around and i see someone playing with the technics cd deck....Saying he MUST have one.

I normally like to keep my views to myself but i really couldnt help myself on this occasion. I just had to go up to him and say dont bother!!!

I then took him over to the cdx and told him to get that instead. They linked it up for me in the shop even tho i had to use a shitty numark mixer the table was dope. There was a battle record (hee haw) burned to cd i was using....some faderless cuts and some drumming and i was surrounded by people wanting to see...

Pfff

I should charge them for advertising!!!

The moral of the story is....Get a CDX!!!

The instant I have 2000 USD, I'm getting two. I like the no needle to f-ckup or no going to Denver to get records. the 300 extra is going to get a TASCAM X-15.

I was reading about this on Skratchworx. The vinyl has three holes in it and three little prongs poke up from the CDX and stick in them. This is what controls the sound - the vinyl isn't time encoded. Someone on Skratchworx posted a pic of their own CDX and they had replaced the vinyl with a silver laser disc. It looked cool but I don't think you'd get much grip. As long as you put the holes in the right place you can use any record you want.

I was reading about this on Skratchworx. The vinyl has three holes in it and three little prongs poke up from the CDX and stick in them. This is what controls the sound - the vinyl isn't time encoded. Someone on Skratchworx posted a pic of their own CDX and they had replaced the vinyl with a silver laser disc. It looked cool but I don't think you'd get much grip. As long as you put the holes in the right place you can use any record you want.

Dope...! I would put the lighteset record i have on there.

Okay so the CDX has a couple serious problems. First, Numark still hasn't managed to work out all of their motor/heatsink problems. One guy I saw at Guitar Center had brought his CDX in which he had bought, and the motor was completely absurd and the braking mechanism was broken. Whenever you would turn it on, it would start spinning faster and faster...up to about 400 rpm, and wouldn't brake at all. There was no adjustment that any of us could make to it to get it to act normal-- so it was sent back to the company. Also, the CDX that guitar center had on display was stuck in "chop" mode. The chop light wasn't lit, and even after resetting it and everything, there was nothing that could be done to get it out of chop mode. I don't think that it's a bad machine overall, but there are a couple strange querks that need to be worked out and we ought to be wary of.

Yeah...I'd wait until they sort the motor out. Maybe get one next year or something.

My TTX is one of those early models. And where is it now?

Back at the Numark repair shop. For the second time. For the same problem - fucking dead motor.

CDX & TTX - good ideas, poor execution. Shame, really.