"AMD fan boys picket Intel"

Steve

SOME CHEEKY YOUNG chaps have picketed an Intel establishment and fashioned placards to irritate Chipzilla.

The placards have very annoying messages such as Athlon Inside, AMD Wins and Down with Hyperthreading.

Intel takes a very dim view of this kind of behaviour and won't hesitate to call the cops to order people not to bother them.

The most famous example of this was at an Intel Developer Forum we attended last year, when a gun toting cop was called to send an AMD limousine packing.

Taken from HERE.

Check out some pics of the event: -

http://www.filerush.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2820

aaa.sized.jpg

LOL.

amd wins!

was it tony loomin?

just the sort of event to tempt the big firms into promoting amd processors. look out for the dell advert with a banner saying "athlon inside, pwnt".

Guest Deeswift

Quote from one of the picketers:

What's up people.

As most of you could tell, we were just having a laugh at Intel's expense on Saturday. No hard feelings, in fact neither of us had anything personal against Intel whatsoever. We just happen to run AMD (I use the A64 3500+) and we thought it would be good for a few laughs from our geek/nerd friends. Never expected the Brits to take it seriously!!! LOL

Hope you had a chuckle when you saw it... again, nothing wrong with Intel in my book, I just prefer to spend my money on AMD chips. biggrin.gif

/resume hyperthread'n

SOURCE

maybe the dud on the left should have spent his money on a haircut instead...or a face transplant